EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Going for the MPG (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/going-mpg-2834.html)

Lorenzo 06-05-2008 10:47 AM

Going for the MPG

Hi all:

I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself and my vehicle. Only got one and it's a 1992 Toyota Previa. I've been experimenting with various devices, driving habits, etc. to get the best mileage. On highway I usually get around 23 mpg, city 17 mpg.

I recently installed a Vaporizer and I'm currently testing it out to see if there's any improvement. I'll keep everyone informed of the results.

Lorenzo

Lazarus 06-05-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorenzo (Post 31683)
Hi all:

I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself and my vehicle. Only got one and it's a 1992 Toyota Previa. I've been experimenting with various devices, driving habits, etc. to get the best mileage. On highway I usually get around 23 mpg, city 17 mpg.

I recently installed a Vaporizer and I'm currently testing it out to see if there's any improvement. I'll keep everyone informed of the results.

Lorenzo

Welcome to the site. Is the Previa carburated? When you get a chance put your car in the garage. It's a great way to track the affects of diffferent mods.

digitaldissent 06-05-2008 12:11 PM

Welcome to ecomodder!

I am in San Diego too, see you around :)

SVOboy 06-05-2008 12:39 PM

Welcome to ecomodder! So pictures of the previa? I don't know what they look like!(shocking, I know)

Lorenzo 06-05-2008 02:01 PM

The Previa has a 2.4L 4 cylinder in-line EFI engine. I put a t-valve in the return gas line to feed the vaporizer.

So far the car feels like it runs with more power. I'll probably check the mileage this weekend.

Cheers,
Lorenzo

SVOboy 06-05-2008 04:58 PM

Ooooh! I know the previa, I thought it was a sedan for a while.

Daox 06-05-2008 09:26 PM

Welcome to EM Lorenzo. Make sure you check out our 100+ hypermiling tips page. Try out a few tips for easy (and free) mileage increases.

Lorenzo 06-05-2008 10:48 PM

I definitely try to hypermile. Talk to you soon with some results.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo 06-09-2008 10:35 PM

Fuel Vaporizer Results

Well I took the Pearl Bus on a trip to the desert, through the mountains. It was a 206 mile roundtrip, up and down, and curvy with some freeway driving. Normally I would get 22-23 on a trip like this, max.

I filled the tank on arrival with 7.3 gallons, equates to a 28 mpg. I'm satisfied with the product and will continue tweaking it for better mileage. It'll be nice to know I'm saving over a $1.00 on every gallon!

Now that I see the results for myself, it really doesn't give me a good feeling about what the car companies' priorities are (this device would be so easy to incorporate in an engine). I guess it's the consumer's fault too. We've never really clamored for more mileage efficiency. It actually decreased from 1988 (26 mpg) to 1999 (24.5 mpg).

Lorenzo

88CRX 06-10-2008 11:43 AM

Welcome, I remember the Previa my cousin had one. they even made a supercharged version. The engine being sideways on the floor makes it so much more practical as a people mover.

I never heard of a vaporizer.... what is it, where did you get it from, how much do they cost? Thanks