EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   Good example of what not to do. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/good-example-what-not-do-30997.html)

Striker2237 01-20-2015 08:43 PM

Good example of what not to do.

So there was a 2004 ram 1500 Hemi in the shop my friend owns, I was fixing its heater core in exchange for lift time and somehow we both got it into our heads to race it against my truck.........long story short there was lots of tire smoke and wasted fuel. 1/4 of tank in 5 miles distance (32 gallon tank) Please feel free to reinforce to me how stupid I am

dirtydave 01-20-2015 09:54 PM

I hope you won at least lol!

Striker2237 01-20-2015 10:03 PM

O yeah lol! but I burnt so much gas I honestly thought my fuel gauge broke somehow

awcook 01-20-2015 10:48 PM

Ouch! Racing V8s is not a good idea when you are thinking about fuel economy. Of course, you might not have wasted a quarter of a tank in 5 miles, the gauge just reads an estimate, not really anything close (mine can read 2/3 tank left, then magically jump down to 1/4 left in the course of 5 miles).

spacemanspif 01-20-2015 11:50 PM

Spinning tires means you needed to launch in 4wd lol

cowmeat 01-21-2015 05:40 AM

I'll go head to head with you in Turtle any day, bro!

Only this time let's do it cross country style for 500 miles, using eight gallons in our tanks tanks like you just burnt through.

Of course you'll smoke me off the line, and more than likely keep a huge lead for the first five miles or so. But during the last 495 miles I'll be driving and you'll be walking!

Even if I feel sorry for you and let you make a pit stop to refill with another eight gallons every five miles, after 99 pit stops and 800 gallons of fuel burnt you'll spend 100 times more than me on the gas and still lose the race.

If I were you, I'd take the dog box out of the bed, the spot lights off the roof, the shotgun out of the gun rack, and the brush guard off the front before the race to give yourself a little weight and aero advantage, but honestly I still don't think your truck has the staying power to keep up with the likes of me!

You're right, man. That wasn't cool.

user removed 01-21-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker2237 (Post 464696)
So there was a 2004 ram 1500 Hemi in the shop my friend owns, I was fixing its heater core in exchange for lift time and somehow we both got it into our heads to race it against my truck.........long story short there was lots of tire smoke and wasted fuel. 1/4 of tank in 5 miles distance (32 gallon tank) Please feel free to reinforce to me how stupid I am

Obviously not as stupid as you would have felt if the owner had seen their truck being thrashed.

regards
mech

Fat Charlie 01-21-2015 10:19 AM

Striker's friend owns the shop. It wasn't Striker's customer, and I'll bet Striker was driving his own truck in that race. If they had been busted, Striker would probably have been the only one involved who thought it was funny!

dirtydave 01-21-2015 10:56 AM

cowmeat I wouldn't be suprized if you had a higher top speed too.

Striker2237 01-21-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Charlie (Post 464757)
Striker's friend owns the shop. It wasn't Striker's customer, and I'll bet Striker was driving his own truck in that race. If they had been busted, Striker would probably have been the only one involved who thought it was funny!

Yep, I was driving mine