EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   A good way to burn yourself ( I found one) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/good-way-burn-yourself-i-found-one-5288.html)

bbjsw10 09-27-2008 07:51 PM

A good way to burn yourself ( I found one)

I was splitting fire wood today, had to turn it off to cut a longer piece to split. Well when returning to restart splitter, which had only been turned off for like 1 minute after running for 30 minutes.

I decided to lay my hand directly on hot muffler with all of my weight on it to lean down and turn on kill switch. IT FREAKING HURTS, I have large burn on half of my palm which blistered up in about a minute. Which would be a second degree burn, I'll feel that in the morning.

I kept sticking ice packs on it, I never go to a doctor unless life threatening. Stubborn I guess or don't like paying them so much money for it.

Needless to say "Don't Try this at Home" Not looking forward to the peeling process.

Johnny Mullet 09-27-2008 09:37 PM

Damn dude! I hate getting burned and I do it all the time. Hope it don't get infected.

bhazard 09-27-2008 10:13 PM

Morphine!

MetroMPG 09-28-2008 09:35 AM

Bummer. Hope it doesn't hurt too much this morning.

bbjsw10 09-28-2008 09:56 AM

Well not feeling too bad this morning, kinda stiff is all. Sleep was the best thing for it, other than not grabbing the exhaust in the first place. When I get better I am welding a heat shield around it, to easy to lay your hand on this one's exhaust.

Frank Lee 09-28-2008 04:46 PM

I still have a mark on my arm where I burned it as a child on the exhaust on my home-made go-kart. That was back when fish were learning to walk.

RH77 09-28-2008 11:56 PM

Burns suck -- Sunburns, contact burns, chemical burns, electrical burns. Having been a Firefighter/EMT, I experienced a few myself and many times with patients.

As Johnny said, keep it from getting infected. Taking a shower is the worst -- warm anything irritates it. If that gets to you, tape a plastic bag around your wrist to protect hand from the heat and keep it dry and elevated. Change dressings frequently and use a non-stick kind (Telfa is a good brand). Wrap loosely with gauze. Use creams carefully.

Let us know if it's second degree. (blisters, oozing, etc). Stay hydrated too.

Take care,

RH77

Peter7307 09-29-2008 10:46 AM

Man that sucks.
Sorry to hear of the pain not to mention the inconvenience of having the temporary use of only one hand.
Keep us posted on how it progresses.

Pete.

bbjsw10 10-01-2008 09:49 PM

Well my hand is turning out quite nicely!! It looks about 80 years old where I burnt it but no pain and blisters dried up and did not pop. Was being super careful last couple days. No to start splitting wood again. This time no touchy the exhaust though.

bennelson 10-02-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbjsw10 (Post 63898)
I was splitting fire wood today, had to turn it off to cut a longer piece to split.

You have an exhaust system and kill switch on your AXE?

You really ARE a modder!!! :thumbup:

Must be one of those fancy new ones!