Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

My new car

I've been a horrible driver in terms of hypermiling in the past, punching it as fast it would go between lights, hard on the brakes, and driving way too fast on the highway. I've wrecked a lot of vehicles in my day, partly from improper driving and partly from horrible luck. I got my first new car about a week ago, a Chevrolet Aveo 5 hatchback. Since it was expensive I want it to last a long time, so I've decided to adopt some hypermiler techniques to both keep my vehicle lasting longer and to save gas. I've driven my car 600kms now in both the city and on the highway and I'm getting 39.5US MPG. Obviously it isn't broken in yet so I'm pretty happy with that mileage. I have been costing to stops in neutral mostly as well as doing the speed limit or below everywhere. Also I'm shifting at less then 2500rpm, most times I try to shift at 2000rpms so I'm going 50kms/hr and using my 4th gear. I find it much more relaxing to drive and a challenge to get as much as possible out of my new car. I've been reading these boards for a few days now and getting a lot of cool new ideas. I think a Scangauge will be in my future. Thanks

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread