EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Greetings from The Netherlands (new VX owner need help de-ricing) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/greetings-netherlands-new-vx-owner-need-help-de-20618.html)

Frans 02-19-2012 05:07 AM

Greetings from The Netherlands (new VX owner need help de-ricing)

Hey everyone,

My name is Frans and I'm new to this site. I've been doing some reading on some of the forums and liked what I read so I thought I'd join.

I just bought a little modified 1995 Honda Civic VEi with D15Z1 engine.

Modifications are; CAI Cold Air Intake, sports end muffler and 16" wheels (what on earth was the previous owner thinking to mod a 90BHP Lean burn Eco-car :rolleyes: ) Clearly no eco modifications

I will get the car this Tuesday with i'm back in the Netherlands. So will drive straight to a Honda breakers to put in an complete OEM intake system.

Now I have done some research on Civic-EG parts and it seems the parts number of the VEi engine intake is different to the rest of the Civics.

Can anyone help me to find the right OEM part number?
It must be the same as the USDM EH/G VX

Now I have a number from an dealer:
17220-P1K-E00

And this one from an Ebay dealer.
17220-P07-000

Can anyone help me determining the right part and so getting the best Oem part for the best MPG.

I really want to go back to the OEM MPG of 52.

To give you all an idea about fuel prices in the Netherlands: 1 ltr of BPUltimate98 = 1,83 euro .

I do apologize for my limited English:o

Best Regards,
Frans

GRU 02-19-2012 12:30 PM

Welcome. Your english is very good so don't worry. I'm not sure if the OEM Part # will be the same from the US

btracing 02-19-2012 04:03 PM

Hi, from Nootdorp! :) :)

Good luck with the Eco Civic, any other plans?

@ 98 octane petrol, €1,83 per liter makes for $9,11 dollar per gallon in the States! True story!

larrybuck 02-19-2012 04:24 PM

Welcome here! You will find good info.!
Prices are scary, so we all need to stretch what we can.

This latest round of price risings is changing my mind about selling my smallest motorcycle!

Daox 02-19-2012 06:30 PM

Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on the nice Civic. Yeah bringing it back to stock will definitely help out with mileage. I'm no Civic expert though, but we have a few here that know quite a bit about them and can probably help out.

Ryland 02-19-2012 09:25 PM

How common are salvage yards that sell used car parts? that is how I was able to buy a low cost, stock air intake, same with finding stock wheels, otherwise your car is getting old enough you might find other wheels that would work better from another vehicle but it's hard for a lot of us to know what vehicles were sold there that you can get used light weight aerodynamic wheels for.

Frans 02-20-2012 07:53 AM

Many thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRU (Post 287919)
Welcome. Your english is very good so don't worry. I'm not sure if the OEM Part # will be the same from the US

Thank you, I hope so :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by btracing (Post 287951)
Hi, from Nootdorp! :) :)

Good luck with the Eco Civic, any other plans?

@ 98 octane petrol, €1,83 per liter makes for $9,11 dollar per gallon in the States! True story!

Thanks, than you know and feel the situation :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrybuck (Post 287953)
Welcome here! You will find good info.!
Prices are scary, so we all need to stretch what we can.

This latest round of price risings is changing my mind about selling my smallest motorcycle!

Sad but anything can sometimes help:thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 287971)
Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on the nice Civic. Yeah bringing it back to stock will definitely help out with mileage. I'm no Civic expert though, but we have a few here that know quite a bit about them and can probably help out.

That would be great :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 287993)
How common are salvage yards that sell used car parts? that is how I was able to buy a low cost, stock air intake, same with finding stock wheels, otherwise your car is getting old enough you might find other wheels that would work better from another vehicle but it's hard for a lot of us to know what vehicles were sold there that you can get used light weight aerodynamic wheels for.

Very common in the Netherlands. I found a website where one can see what kind of car they have affaileble for parts. But the USDM Civic EG has been sold very bare-stock. No alloy wheels here.

Would be interesting to find out if the USDM one has magnesium wheels?:)

Ryland 02-20-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frans (Post 288068)
Very common in the Netherlands. I found a website where one can see what kind of car they have affaileble for parts. But the USDM Civic EG has been sold very bare-stock. No alloy wheels here.

Would be interesting to find out if the USDM one has magnesium wheels?:)

Yes, the USDM Civic VX has alloy wheels that weigh around 11 pounds (5kg) each, VW, Honda and Toyota all used the same 100mm 4 bolt bolt pattern on their 4 lug wheels, at least that was the case here.

Frans 02-27-2012 10:57 PM

Wow, 5kg is very light8-)

I have found these in the America but not yet in NL.

I will keep looking.

In the meantime a short update :

- Exhaust leaks at b-pipe and at the back box.
- Intake tube is very small compare to the normal ESI or DXI (1.5 1..6). Still searching via carclubs here.
- Former owner(s) were not very smart /wise in problem solving. There was standing water under the rear seats and boot. So need to adres this first.
- Radio/audo has been cut and reconnected bycrownstone/screw so needed to be welded back into place.
- Water came from the rear ventilation flap that was not sealed in.
- Rust at the rear lights
- The licence plate lighting was from a completely different car, so does not fit and has been Monkey worked the 4 philips screws sticking out at the back

And most imported the first refuel has been made with the sade result of 1ltr/11,11km :-(

Anyway, just to give you all an update on the (is becoming ) project.

Best regards

btracing 02-28-2012 06:38 PM

Give it a small service, fresh sparkplugs, new oil and filter.

In dutch: hoe heet de VX type Civic in Nederland?