EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Guess who's a teenager now: Happy 13th birthday to EcoModder! (Win a ScanGauge!) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/guess-whos-teenager-now-happy-13th-birthday-ecomodder-38932.html)

MetroMPG 12-23-2020 07:59 PM

Guess who's a teenager now: Happy 13th birthday to EcoModder! (Win a ScanGauge!)

1 Attachment(s)
https://ecomodder.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1608770566
(Original photo: Royal Broil; candles: Bootique Illustration)

Can you believe EcoModder just turned THIRTEEN years old?

You know what that means: it's time to celebrate the start of the insufferable teen years by giving away The Customary Birthday Loot!

The contest runs from today through January 22nd, after which we'll draw the following prizes randomly from all forum posts made between now and then. (So the more you post, the better your odds. Not that our hard-core members need any motivation.)

The Loot:
  • ScanGauge II: (once again generously provided by Linear Logic) will be awarded at random to one member* who posts in any thread in the forum between 12:01 AM EST today (Dec. 23) and noon EST on Monday, Jan. 25th (deadline extended from Thurs. 21st).
  • EcoModder t-shirt: one additional randomly chosen member who posts in the forum in the same time period will receive an EcoModder t-shirt.
* ... only members who joined before today can win.

Your odds of scoring a prize have probably never been better

Good news/bad news: forum participation remains near all-time lows, so your odds of winning are near 13-year highs!

In all seriousness, thanks to all you hardcore members who have stuck around, even if none of you talk about ecomodding anymore. :)

Good luck to everyone, and happy sweet 13th to us!

Discuss...

Did you even do any ecomods to your vehicle(s) this year? Or were you preoccupied by other activities / situations? I'm guilty of the latter, especially this year. Judging by the number of active project threads, I'm not alone! So what the heck have you been up to?

MetroMPG 12-23-2020 08:01 PM

PS: anybody else notice the race car in the above pic has a custom front air dam and smooth wheel disc on the back? Aero FTW!

Gasoline Fumes 12-24-2020 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 639084)
Discuss...

Did you even do any ecomods to your vehicle(s) this year? Or were you preoccupied by other activities / situations? I'm guilty of the latter, especially this year. Judging by the number of active project threads, I'm not alone! So what the heck have you been up to?

I haven't done any major ecomods to the Insight, I'm hoping to get it running right first. And I've had no luck with that. So I just drive it and get 60 MPG.

I'm not sure what I did this year, not much. I finished making a trail in the woods that I started making in the 90s. :)

jakobnev 12-24-2020 03:17 AM

Quote:

Happy 13th birthday to EcoModder!
This explains why the forum has been on its period lately then it comes to discussions about aerodynamics.

Stubby79 12-24-2020 03:31 AM

My kid is a couple of months older than Ecomodder? Weird...I must have started lurking soon after this place first came in to existence.

M_a_t_t 12-24-2020 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I de-modded my boat tail. Added a few small things. Wanted to do more. Things are looking a little better though in the next few months so as long as I can convince myself to work in the cold hopefully my tanks will continue to go up rather than go down. I did also make it to #10 on the % over epa category with 42.77%.

https://ecomodder.com/forum/attachme...1&d=1608824344

me and my metro 12-24-2020 10:50 PM

Been working all year and not modding my car. Still getting 30 mpg consistently no matter how I drive it. Didn’t drive it for 40 days between Labor day and October 20th. I was in North California running a 2 mWatt generator powering a small town until the power lines could be rebuilt due to fire. Hopefully next year will be better.

2016 Versa 12-27-2020 06:31 PM

I think I first became aware of ecomodder in 2008 so I've known about or been around most of it's life. I was actually a member under another user name years ago but had forgot my user name/password so joined under the present user name.

iikhod 12-28-2020 05:49 AM

Well sort of ecomodding my opel, since it's not running at all so...very little diesel burned lately.

What i have been up to? Besides a busy work autumn, had to get a temporary car because of opels trickery. So i drive a mk1 ford ka at the moment. A little tricky to haul a long mountain bike inside it but it is possible! :D

nemo 12-28-2020 09:11 AM

No new ecomods here. The partial blocks on the Fiesta at long gone and the upper blocks in the Pontiac were not reinstalled after the ty-wraps decomposed, the lower dam remains in place. Continue to work on the nut behind the wheel.:)