EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   H² + H²O = 25% More HP (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/h-h-o-25-more-hp-20518.html)

Arctic Fox 02-13-2012 01:43 AM

H² + H²O = 25% More HP

I saw an ad in a magazine for this, claiming "We guarantee to increase your mpg's by at least 25%".

So, for those who may be interested in something like this, there's a chance you won't be tossing all your money away for nothing. ;)

AquaTune.com - AquaTune Water Injection Systems

My personal beliefs are that H² introduction to intake airflow may increase combustion, but as of yet I've done no such testing. This setup apparently combines H² and water injection - which could bring different, if not favourable, results.

UFO 02-13-2012 01:48 AM

Appreciate the voluntary unicorn classification. Nice to see they have testimonials instead of those boring crackpot "theories" or truthy "facts"....

OTOH, that darn rash just won't go away.

Arragonis 02-13-2012 04:44 AM

Its a bit like HHO - although maybe less Unicorn curry flavoured.

I have to ask myself if these systems were so good, why aren't manufacturers fitting them?

UFO 02-13-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 286506)
Its a bit like HHO - although maybe less Unicorn curry flavoured.

I have to ask myself if these systems were so good, why aren't manufacturers fitting them?

But it's both! Water injection AND electrolysis, or to the more informed, a more inefficient form of bubbler that makes steam too.

Arragonis 02-13-2012 11:28 AM

Hmm - question still stands.

UFO 02-13-2012 11:55 AM

I'll answer that too then, since no one else is jumping to defend. They don't work, and that's why they aren't standard issue.

There is no A-B data shown, of course. The "guarantee" is subject to restocking fees, ludicrous as they should not be selling used units. They also will charge for "repairs" on returned systems, so my guess is they will not be issuing very much of your original purchase.

Bottom line, you could buy one and document no mpg gains, return it under the "guarantee" and they will still make money, and you will still lose money Forget about any class action stuff about false advertising, as they would surely make the claim the users did not install the units correctly.

jakobnev 02-13-2012 01:32 PM

Next they will have HH0, water and epicycles. And then more and more levels of epicycles.

Monty python will end up doing a sketch about all the epicycles.

Arragonis 02-13-2012 01:40 PM

Nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition.

deathtrain 02-13-2012 05:03 PM

HAHAHA go into the Distributors list and look at the emails adddy's.

Frank Lee 02-13-2012 05:15 PM

This stuff is just... unrelentless!!!