EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Has anyone here tried any public ecomodding campaigning? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/has-anyone-here-tried-any-public-ecomodding-campaigning-2887.html)

ch00f 06-07-2008 03:45 PM

Has anyone here tried any public ecomodding campaigning?

As you can all tell, I'm very new to the ecomodding community and, as a newbie, I was surprised to find how much gas could be saved simply by changing the way I drive. Though I do plan on eventually doing some aero/engine mods to my car to improve performance, I definitely found the "something for nothing" quality of the 100+ driving tips very appealing.

I know people will drive across town just to buy the cheapest gas so I'm pretty confident they will be willing to change how they drive to save money, if only they knew how much it could help them. Has anyone tried any sort of advertising or guerrilla marketing for the cause? I can see maybe printing out the top 10 driving tips and attaching them to fuel pumps (pretty sure that's illegal, but only if you get caught :) ) If that doesn't work, maybe some ecomodder bumper stickers or tshirts? Even handing out pamphlets would be fun.

I think a strong effort could really make a change, after all, it's not like we would be asking them for money. We'd be asking them so save money.

vtec-e 06-07-2008 04:02 PM

Good idea. I've become known in work as The Coaster due to my driving style. All my workmates are well versed in the main fuel saving points.
The problem now is that if i put posters up, they'll all know who did it! I like the t-shirt idea though. Are there any available here at ecomodder?

ollie

SVOboy 06-07-2008 05:38 PM

We're working on shirts as we speak, I've posted a thread in the announcements forum asking for suggestions, I want to get them ordered ASAP, :)

Anyway, I haven't done much IRL advertising, though I've done some interviews and been in some regular media, which is always fun, especially since you're reaching a different segment.

Ecomodder will have a booth at hybrid fest, though, and you should all come out and check it out, :)

metroschultz 06-07-2008 11:24 PM

I've not gone "Alert the Media" public, but, I feel you vtec-e, they call me "EcoGeek' around the shop.
I post on the public bulletin board, I make very rational arguments to them for the choice to conserve. Etc.
I have been approached by other employees for advice on fuel efficient transport.
One of our Drivers just got a Honda Civic Hybrid, after a discussion on fuel use. Yay to him.
They will all fall under my spell
MooHooHaaHaaa,
S.

LostCause 06-08-2008 02:11 AM

AndrewJ made a great pamphlet awhile ago and posted it on the forum. You'd have to do a search to find it, though.

Everyone I've tried to convince seemed pretty unreceptive. Driving 55mph is too big of a leap for most people I've talked to. Most seemed convinced buying a $25,000 hybrid is the way to go. :rolleyes:

I can lead a horse to water...

- LostCause

zjrog 06-08-2008 02:18 AM

Some of my 4x4 friends hit me off forum asking what I do. Must be my mileage sig I post over there...

digitaldissent 06-08-2008 02:20 AM

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...hure-1580.html

andrewj's brochure

kevlar 06-08-2008 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
About as rogue as I could get for now, a little free advertising for the site!
Attachment 894

digitaldissent 06-08-2008 10:29 AM

I like it!

johnpr 06-08-2008 11:14 AM

i talk with everyone about the benefits of driving better, i bring up the fuel savings, less wear and tear on the vehicle, and also the safety increase. my reasoning for being here is the environment so i talk alot to people about increasing fuel efficiency and recycling and all that fun stuff.