EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Have any of you ordered from 1AAuto? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/have-any-you-ordered-1aauto-37831.html)

Xist 09-13-2019 08:49 PM

Have any of you ordered from 1AAuto?

Majestic charges $384.79 shipped for a distributor for my Accord, which could be here in ten days. Their economy shipping is $5.80 more than standard, which is two days faster.
Napa has one for $246, but who actually makes them?
O'Reilly's has a Spectra Premium for $245, but none in stock.
AutoZone has a Duralast Gold for $245, but none in stock.
Amazon has a Spectra Premium for $173.25 shipped, which could be here in two days.
RockAuto has a Spectra Premium for $159.78 shipped, which could be here in six days.
1AAuto has one for $110 shipped, which could be here in five days, but what brand?!

Stubby79 12-24-2020 03:37 AM

The real question: how good is their return policy?

If it shows a part number, maybe you can figure out who made it.

...Nope, no real help there.

I'm seeing the 1AAuto starting at $119, and the RockAuto starting at $111...? Are there different versions of the distributor, or are you only looking at trustworthy brands?

Xist 12-24-2020 11:13 AM

I definitely want trustworthy brands, but this is replacing a Spectra Premium that died after a year, so I would have preferred another brand. I got a warranty replacement from Amazon.

samwichse 12-26-2020 02:24 AM

Maybe a pick and pull is your best bet is you want oem quality cheap. Otherwise you're stuck with majestic or a grab bag of the same thing that already failed quickly.

Stubby79 12-26-2020 02:58 AM

How did it fail?

Xist 12-26-2020 03:31 AM

Honestly, I don't know, so I don't know how to prevent this again. One component didn't look right and I thought that it failed, but a mechanic said that it was made in a different factory and just looked different.

Stubby79 12-26-2020 03:58 AM

Soo...it just isn't working right? CEL, misfires? Not like it's leaking oil from there or the like?

Xist 12-26-2020 04:26 AM

I have endeavored to forget the entire Tucson episode, but let's take that horror-dash down memory lane.

Ah yes, I was happy--briefly!

I had a P1381 an hour from Tucson. Supposedly it was a sensor inside the distributor that cannot be purchased separately. My credit card was acting up. I bought a distributor, but it didn't work, and when I went to see if I had lined it up wrong after all, having shown the woman that I drove to see that it only works one way, I saw that the gear collar was bent.

That was the only one that O'Reilly's had in-town and I couldn't find one through their competitors. I finally swapped sensors from the new distributor into my old one, the code went away, and everything was fine until I was an hour from Tucson, when the code returned.

While I was in Tucson that girl acted head-over-heels in love with me, but once I left town she was cold.

I received a warranty replacement distributor and my car has run perfectly for almost 4 months.

Stubby79 12-26-2020 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 639247)
I received a warranty replacement distributor and my car has run perfectly for almost 4 months.

Ahh, excellent. Problem solved. We can move on...

Xist 12-26-2020 05:19 AM

Unless this comes back to haunt me in about 8 months.