EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   hello (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-32834.html)

fearlessjoe 09-26-2015 03:20 PM

hello

hello

ive been a lurker on here for..... well.... i cant even remember how long to be honest.... ages

thought i should probably say hi

im joe.... from the uk

for now im on here for the sake of it.... i want to build a enclosed motorbike.... i have done for years.... i briefly talked to mr vetter via email about it..... hope hes ok...

but anyway

i drive some very non efficient stupid cars and bikes that i probably should'nt brag about on here lol

BabyDiesel 09-27-2015 12:11 AM

Welcome to Ecomodder Joe!

Go ahead and brag! This is the place we take very non efficient stupid cars and turn them into efficient not-so-stupid cars :)

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 09-28-2015 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearlessjoe (Post 494723)
i drive some very non efficient stupid cars and bikes that i probably should'nt brag about on here lol

Nothing prevents you to keep your guzzlers as some sort of weekend toy, while you can save thru the week with an enclosed motorbike (or eventually scooter). BTW which motorcycle would be your choice for the project?

deejaaa 09-28-2015 02:27 AM

glad you joined. now, finally, you can make sense of the insanity.

deejaaa 10-07-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelFlores (Post 495803)
hello, nice to meet you!

we haven't really met.

fearlessjoe 10-14-2015 07:24 PM

well you might be glad to know that one of my guzzlers wouldnt start...

i have a clasic london taxi.... with its 2.7L diesel.... if i dive like a granny... which i do... i can get about 38mpg (uk) but thats 60mpg max on the motorway and never braking

i also have an xjr1300 pimped to s***... for power.... and an vstar 650.... which is broken... but i did once get 85 mpg out of it... though that was 55mph for an entire tank without ever braking

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-17-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearlessjoe (Post 496562)
i have a clasic london taxi.... with its 2.7L diesel....

You mean it has the Nissan TD27 Diesel? Sounds like a good excuse to do some experimentation with vegetable oils as an alternative fuel.

fearlessjoe 10-18-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 496819)
You mean it has the Nissan TD27 Diesel? Sounds like a good excuse to do some experimentation with vegetable oils as an alternative fuel.

i did consider that for a long while.... but its so under powered as it is.... plus the cost is relitivly prohibitive...... now that people have cottoned on you cant just collect old oil anymore its not really much cheaper then diesel anymore..... plus i have no garden and live in a flat for now so i cant store anything smelly anywhere

instead im buying a new car as i need something reliable and quick for work..... driving to lands end and back and 57mph is dire when im in a rush... all my future mpg aims will be for traveling at actually usefull speeds

might end up with a van but if i can get away with its size i might go for the 1.3 astra van

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-20-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearlessjoe (Post 496937)
i have no garden and live in a flat for now so i cant store anything smelly anywhere

Living in an apartment really sucks. I've been even considering to get a motorcycle because I don't have a parking spot for a car and wouldn't feel really comfortable leaving it overnight on the street as I live in a 3rd-world ****hole.

Quote:

might end up with a van but if i can get away with its size i might go for the 1.3 astra van
The 1.3 Astra seems to be a good car.

Fingie 10-20-2015 03:28 PM

Hello, and welcome to the forum!