Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Fit - '08 Honda Fit Base
New from Guilderland, NY

How's it going, new guy here! I actually just learned of the ecomodder website yesterday at the AMEC Economy Run in Fonda, NY. Anyway I thought I would sign up.

I drive a 2008 Honda Fit Base 5MT. I'll start right off by saying this, I'm not a diehard hypermiler by any means (the roof racks and constantly having bicycles on the roof are a dead give away ) I am just looking for some pointers and driving tips on how to optimize the fuel efficiency of my vehicle without going too overboard.

Also the whole concept of hypermiling is fascinating to me and even if I don't take it to any extremes it's really interesting to read and learn about the things people are doing to save every last drop of fuel.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself and say that I look forward to becoming an active member of your community!

-Eric

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-24-2009, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Do you ever worry about the bikes falling off? For that reason I always keep my bikes in the back of the CRX (a friend with the same bike as me had it fall off his rack on the highway, there goes $3000!).

Welcome to ecomodder!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Fit - '08 Honda Fit Base
Nah, I've never had an issue. There's a few fail safes on the racks too to keep them attached if one part fails. Driving into a garage and remembering that they are on the roof however is a concern of mine.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Yeah, I had another friend do that at a parking garage but the bike ended up undamaged somehow

Reply  Post New Thread