EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hello from Toulouse, France (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-toulouse-france-2962.html)

groar 06-10-2008 04:50 PM

Hello from Toulouse, France

Hi,

I'm new in this forum but I'm reading it, with a few other ones, since a few months and I'm learning a lot. Thanks for that.

I'm trying to apply a few techniques since then and my wife is also trying to save fuel :-)

We share two cars. The newer one has a gauge. Thanks to it I can see that I can save fuel. The real time feedback do help the improvement. Per example, for a 3 hours motorway travel through the mountains I improved from 6.4-7.5l/100 (31-36MPG) to 4.8l/100 (49MPG).This car is rated 4.9l/100 (48MPG) for motorway, but this travel is hilly.

The older car doesn't have a gauge. Since two weeks I'm trying hard to accelerate slowly and use the brakes only when necessary. I can see the tank emptying slower than usually :-) In a few weeks at the end of the tank I'll see what will be the result...

Thanks to all of you for such a motivating forum.

Regards,

Denis.

Lazarus 06-10-2008 04:55 PM

Welcome to the site. What kind of car are you driving is it one we can't get in the US?

I love it when a family eco-drives together.:turtle:

SVOboy 06-10-2008 05:19 PM

Welcome to ecomodder! I have a friend staying in Paris right now, he loves it, :)

groar 06-10-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 33429)
Welcome to the site. What kind of car are you driving is it one we can't get in the US?

I don't know...

The older one is a 1997 Renault Megane classic (4 doors) 1.9dT (turbo diesel).
The newer one is a 2001 Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi (diesel common rail).

Both have what seems to be an EOBD/OBD2 socket, but as this was not mandatory before 2004 for diesel in Europe, I have to verify the compatibility first.

I should register them in the garage as soon I have data to fill in.

Denis.

groar 06-10-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 33436)
I have a friend staying in Paris right now, he loves it, :)

I lived there during 5 years. What is cool there is that you do not need a car :-)

Denis.

MetroMPG 06-10-2008 11:33 PM

Salut, Denis. Vous etes notre premier membre de France - bienvenue! EcoModder devient vraiment un forum international.

Just yesterday Ben (SVOboy) and I were wondering if there were any french language forums on this subject.

Darin

groar 06-11-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 33584)
Salut, Denis. Vous etes notre premier membre de France - bienvenue! EcoModder devient vraiment un forum international.

J'ai toujours aimé être pionnier ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 33584)
Just yesterday Ben (SVOboy) and I were wondering if there were any french language forums on this subject.

The European term for hypermiling is "eco-driving". There is more and more french web pages describing "eco-conduite", but I couldn't find any forum on that topic. I just found several car forum where some threads are about "eco-conduite".

I was thinkning about creating a forum on that topic, but I'm afraid that I will not time by now to manage it, as I change my job next week.

As gasoline and diesel are 1.5€/l (2.25$/l or 8.5$/gallon) more and more people are and will eco-drive.

Denis.

Red 06-11-2008 01:28 AM

Yep its the inevitable until cars are built that perform these tasks on its own. Welcome to EcoModder

Daox 06-11-2008 08:08 AM

Welcome to the site groar. I'm sure with a bit more work you can get your mileage over those estimates. :)

groar 06-14-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groar (Post 33440)
I should register them in the garage as soon I have data to fill in.

I registered the scenic. I tried to add all the technical data I know about it.

The scenic has been driven by my wife during that tank.

I hope I correctly converted the data.
I used :
. 1.609 km = 1 mile
. 3.758 l = 1 gallon
I put original data in comment.

Denis.