EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer (https://ecomodder.com/forum/opengauge-mpguino-fe-computer.html)
-   -   Help with MPGuino please (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/help-mpguino-please-5833.html)

Sideblinder 11-02-2008 02:47 PM

Help with MPGuino please

hey all, I just finished wiring up my guino, all I have to do is wire up the telephone box and turn on the car. BUT THE DIRECTION SITE IS DOWN!! lol, so I don't know the wiring layout for the telephone jack box, help please!

Sideblinder 11-02-2008 03:02 PM

I just re-read my first post, and it isn't very specific. I need to know which of the four terminals in the telephone jack box receive each input, ground, power, speed and injector.

SVOboy 11-02-2008 03:05 PM

Which site with directions is it that's down?

Sideblinder 11-02-2008 03:07 PM

The fundimental logic site. I'm building that kit. They had a link to the build instructions, I assumed it was hosted on their site. If it's somewhere else, please let me know. Found the url in my history, spiffie.org

SVOboy 11-02-2008 03:10 PM

I'm not sure about the spiffie kits since I have a pre-spiffie mpguino, but here's the link to the wiki page: MPGuino - EcoModder

Sideblinder 11-02-2008 03:25 PM

Thanks SVOboy, I need the information specific to the spiffie kit though. They use a telephone jack soldered to the pcb, into which goes a phone line. The phone line then plugs into an ordinary telephone wall jack box hidden under-dash, whose inner connectors each have one of the two signals, or pwr/gnd. I don't know which signal the four inner connectors want and I'm scared I'll explode something if I do the old trial and error

Sideblinder 11-02-2008 04:12 PM

I found the info through google search cached pages, if anyone else is in my situation,

Use a flat-head screwdriver to open the box up by prying under the back lip. Now we'll connect some wires.

Connect +12V to the green terminal.
Connect Ground to the yellow terminal.
Connect VSS to the black terminal.
Connect the injector signal to the red terminal.

Close the box back up and run the RJ11 cable from the box to your MPGuino. When you plug both ends in, your MPGuino should turn on.

TestDrive 11-02-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideblinder (Post 70522)
I need the information specific to the spiffie kit though. They use a telephone jack soldered to the pcb, into which goes a phone line. The phone line then plugs into an ordinary telephone wall jack box hidden under-dash, whose inner connectors each have one of the two signals, or pwr/gnd. I don't know which signal the four inner connectors want and I'm scared I'll explode something if I do the old trial and error

Found the info in google cache page.
Quote:

Use a flat-head screwdriver to open the box up by prying under the back lip. Now we'll connect some wires.

Connect +12V to the green terminal.
Connect Ground to the yellow terminal.
Connect VSS to the black terminal.
Connect the injector signal to the red terminal.

Close the box back up and run the RJ11 cable from the box to your MPGuino. When you plug both ends in, your MPGuino should turn on.

The Atomic Ass 11-02-2008 10:00 PM

Out of curiosity, does the MPGuino do anything special or is just a poor man's SG?

(Or for use on cars that don't have OBD-2?)

MetroMPG 11-02-2008 10:15 PM

It does a couple of special things - one you already figured out is it works on pre-OBD-II cars.

It also measures fuel use directly, via injector pulses, rather than estimating fuel use from other sensor data, which is how the SG works. This is important for being able to test certain intake mods.

Plus the open source possibilities of the Guino are just too cool.

Don't get me wrong - I love the SG. :)