EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi All (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-all-11695.html)

a8ksh4 01-04-2010 11:34 PM

Hi All

Hi All,

I've been a lurker here for a while, but after dumping a bunch of gift cards on a ScanGuage :D and getting all excited about hypermiling again, I hope to contribute some to the board.

Hmmm... I drive a 2WD, 5-Spd, Toyota Tacoma, and have grand hopes to construct an under-body panel for it and some sort of aero-cap to go behind the cab, since I rarely have more than groceries in the back. Aside from my daily 3mi commute to work, I drive quite a bit on the freeway, so improving efficiency at speed would help me lots.

--Dan

Chalupa102 01-04-2010 11:52 PM

Sounds like ur off to a good start; welcome to EM. U will find a lot of great info here.

Wonderboy 01-04-2010 11:53 PM

Always great to see truck people here because more fuel is saved in a jump from 20MPG to 30MPG than a jump from 40MPG to 50MPG. 3 Miles ain't so far on a bike, you may want to consider that at least sometimes out there in sunny (and warm) California if you don't need to bring many things with you to work.

Welcome to EM! :thumbup:

Domman56 01-05-2010 01:41 AM

NIce welcome buddy
GOod luck with your truck

cfg83 01-05-2010 02:46 AM

a8ksh4 -

Welcome to EM! Lots of good Tacos here.

CarloSW2

Bicycle Bob 01-05-2010 11:34 AM

So, what's the truck for? Do you hit a deer every season or so? John Wayne hauled his manhood around on only 1 HP :-)

a8ksh4 01-06-2010 12:16 AM

:-) Thanks for the warm welcome!

Bob, I used to ride motorbikes a bunch, so I hauled those in it sometimes; then I pulled a little boat once in a while for a couple summers; now it carries bicycles some times and occasionally gravel and furniture for friends :-S. My manhood (of sorts) is driven by it's own haphazard enthusiasm.

jonemere 01-06-2010 07:32 AM

Hi guys,
Welcome to EM you will get good information from this site. Actually I like motorbikes so, I used to ride it.

Dave's Civic Duty 01-06-2010 08:44 AM

Welcome a8,

Trucks are pretty good vehicle to have especially to get the toys out to the dunes! Have fun constructing a belly pan.

Dave

rgathright 01-06-2010 10:05 AM

Welcome to Ecomodder.com!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a8ksh4 (Post 152053)
Hmmm... I drive a 2WD, 5-Spd, Toyota Tacoma, and have grand hopes to construct an under-body panel for it and some sort of aero-cap to go behind the cab, since I rarely have more than groceries in the back. Aside from my daily 3mi commute to work, I drive quite a bit on the freeway, so improving efficiency at speed would help me lots.

--Dan

First, I suggest starting to log your gas mileage.

Then, I had great success installing a flat bed cover on my 2004 Dodge Dakota 5spd. Another trick that you can do on trucks is to put a performance suspension, lowering kit on. You will drop the truck 2-3" and improve handling.

Good luck.