Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stick your neck out...

Can I sit up front?….I am new

Firstly I want to say what an inspiring place the ecomodder site is, having been a regular “visitor” for many months, and how you all have influenced the direction of my own efforts. I really do want to “sit up front”, because I think I have some good ideas to contribute, not just driving techniques and tyre pressures but real “big picture”stuff.

I have a “bee in my bonnet” about congestion and waste, so even the most fuel efficient car won’t satisfy me, because you consume the road space of two (or four depending upon how you look at it) and you constuct and carry the mass of four (or two for some cars). So my principle interest is in motorcycles or more accurately “single person vehicles”. I have been impressed by Alert Jacobs (who I discovered through ecomodder), Craig Vetter, Amory Lovins and your “point man” theycallmebryan.

For many years I have been working on my own prototype vehicle, but after reading ecomodder posts, I have started a new development route using a production vehicle rather than the “built from scratch” prototype. It is this development route that I will publish and discuss, with any interested ecomodders, in the hope we can all help oneanother, or at least I’ll entertain you. It’s a fine line between genius and madness, and I’ve been caught on the wrong side of it before.

I’m based in the UK, so I have some different automotive laws to comply with (circumvent) and some different attitudes to adapt to, but mostly some different gas prices to absorb. Anyway best keep it short, just wanted to say ”hi”.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
visionary -

Welcome to EM! Have a seat and start writing down ScanGauge data in the logbook, .

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi Visionary.

I`ve got a "thing" about motorbikes too. At the moment i`m flat out on my car projects (not all are eco friendly) and will get round to doing an ecobike somewhere along the line.
Like you say, it`s all about single person transport. amotorbike or recumbant make the most sense when it comes to hypermiling.

I`ll be looking forward to seeing what you post up as i`m UK too

Reply  Post New Thread