Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

G3500 - '04 Chevrolet G3500

SLowRider - '95 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado
90 day: 19.95 mpg (US)
Hello - Raleigh, NC

Hi, been lurking for past several months, reading. Finally got my DD project on the road. Its a '95 C1500 truck w/ 4.3 5speed, 3.08s w/ 235/75R15s. Not an econo box by this sites standards, but I hope to do what I can with it.

I've been using many basic driving techniques to improve MPGs in just about anything I happen to be driving. I hope to work on them more with my new DD.

I've done some repairs to get the truck back in shape. Replaced leaking ERG valve and leaking radiator, but also did PM items, water pump, hoses, belts, idler pulleys.

I've ran GM TBIs for a long time in several vehicles and even retro fits so I know that some fresh sensors can go a long way.. So I starting off with a new O2 sensor (bosch) as well as temp sensor.

I have an Moates AutoProm from my jeep project, it was a custom chip I worked on over a few years time. Nothing major just making the TBI run with a carb. cam shaft and the normal code tweaks.

I have the PCM adapter for the 7472 PCM in the truck and after I establish some MPG base lines I hope to do some mild tuning. More to better dial in whats there now, and add a elec. fan at some point.

BUT first up is. Baseline MPGs, I have a 4/6 drop kit sitting on my living room floor I will be installing as soon as it cools down some. I've read all the threads on lift/drop vs air flow under etc.. Its safe to say its very dirty as far as air flow is concerned under the truck. In addition to the drop. I have some .120 alum I hope to use to make up some small belly pan(s). The frame rails are mostly the lowest point, so i should be able to easily hang some skins under there..

Overall goals are to clear 22 MPG. 25 would be great, and anything above that is gravy. Anyway.. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and project..

-mike (yager)

pic. Click image for larger version

Name:	20100620-C1500 022.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	6257

Last edited by yager; 06-29-2010 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: add pic, and EGR info..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread