EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi, Tiago here! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-tiago-here-29797.html)

tvcsantos 08-21-2014 04:07 PM

Hi, Tiago here!

Hi

I'm Tiago, 27 years old, from Portugal. It has been like 2 years since I know about mpguino and obduino, but only this year I started to have more interest on electronics, and started learning about arduino, raspberry and that stuff that looks kind of neat to do some home made thingy projects.

Also this year with the economy crysis I started to care about my fuel consumption, I have a VW Jetta MK3 (named VW Vento in Europe) 1.4L gas from 1994. It is all stock I like to keep things most OEM as possible. It consumes like 10L/km at least doing my math :).

I am ready to take a shot at mpguino and to learn from you guys what can I do to save gas, cause this sh*t is getting more and more expensive as time goes by.

Best
Tiago

Daox 08-21-2014 04:30 PM

Welcome to the site Tiago!

I'd certainly hope you can improve 10l/100km (23.5 mpg) on the Jetta! That seems really low for that car, especially with the smaller engine than we get here. Tell us about your normal commute. Does the car have any issues problems?

tvcsantos 08-21-2014 05:20 PM

Basically it's a city car. I barely drive more than 30 km at once. It has no mechanical problems. I know that this cars with the ABD engine are famous for their high consumptions but not that high.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 08-21-2014 09:53 PM

So, is your Jetta already fitted with the cross-flow head? What about its EFI, TBI or MPFI? BTW have you never considered an LPG conversion?

California98Civic 08-21-2014 10:07 PM

Welcome!

NothingFace 08-22-2014 06:44 PM

Mais um Português :D

That fuel consuption is preety high, it must make a big dent in your wallet.

Start by reading and put to practice the "100+ hypermiling tips" at the top of the page.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 08-23-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NothingFace (Post 441757)
Mais um Português :D

The fuel prices back there might have been kinda scary, seems like every day another Tuga joins here.

tvcsantos 09-04-2014 10:47 AM

Thanks guys :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 441590)
So, is your Jetta already fitted with the cross-flow head? What about its EFI, TBI or MPFI? BTW have you never considered an LPG conversion?

sorry you have to break that down so I can understand :P.

With respect to the LPG conversion, LPG pumps are a bit far from where i live, so i would prefer to try something else first, LPG conversion is not a good option for me now.

Tiago

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 09-05-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvcsantos (Post 443924)
sorry you have to break that down so I can understand :P.

EFI: electronic fuel injection
TBI: throttle-body injection (a.k.a. single-port injection)
MPFI: multi-point fuel injection

Quote:

With respect to the LPG conversion, LPG pumps are a bit far from where i live, so i would prefer to try something else first, LPG conversion is not a good option for me now.
Indeed. Regarding gaseous fuels, I'm actually still more favorable to CNG and biomethane, but I guess those ones are unavailable in Portugal. Meanwhile, here in Brazil, LPG is not certified as an automobile fuel.

tvcsantos 09-05-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 444110)
EFI: electronic fuel injection
TBI: throttle-body injection (a.k.a. single-port injection)
MPFI: multi-point fuel injection

my car doesn't have that much electronic, it is OBD1 and it indeed has an ECU. Has for those that you've mentioned I don't really know. Though I think I can guess that my car since it is monomotronic is has a single point injection system

Tiago