EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hola from Spain (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hola-spain-12256.html)

covarxi 02-10-2010 06:36 PM

Hola from Spain

Hello,

This is a very interesting site, I am very surprised with all the things I discover here...
I am from Spain where people are not concerned with ecomodding, only tunnig and more tunnig.

I have a 1998 1,9 TDI Skoda Octavia with 180.000 km with an average consumption of 5,5 l /100km
I've just made a easy grill block as my first ecomod.

Best wishes
Adios

NeilBlanchard 02-10-2010 08:49 PM

Hola & welcome to EM!

Jyden 02-11-2010 01:26 AM

Welcome - we are only few europeans here, but the number grow every week, which suggest to me, that focus on FE is growing among the European commuters.

Nice to see.

Piwoslaw 02-11-2010 02:16 AM

Hello, and welcome to EcoModder:)
5.5l/100km is quite good, even for a turbodiesel. I understand this is with ecodriving techniques? If you need help perfecting your hypermiling skills, there is lots of info here, or just ask. We're always willing to help:)

What part of Spain are you from? I've been to Barcelona (they claim they are not part of Spain;) ), and hiked in the Sierra Nevadas with my Wife 1.5 years ago. We loved Granada:)

cfg83 02-11-2010 02:38 AM

covarxi -

Welcome to EM! My favorite slot car is my NINCO Fiat Punto!

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/images/50336.jpg

I see that the Škoda Octavia is built on the same platform as the Seat Leon/VW Golf. Very nice :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._silver_vr.jpg

CarloSW2

covarxi 02-11-2010 04:56 AM

Hi, I come from Castellon (300km from Barcelona lying the mediterranean coast) and I live in Tarragona (100km from Barcelona lying the mediterranean coast)
Very nice place to live (except from politicians)

Catalan region has more industry, population and money than the rest of Spain (as another region in the north, Euskal Herria, Basque country) and people in those regions think they are supporting the rest of Spain.

Yes, skoda octavia, wv golf + bora, seat leon + altea, audi A3 are the same car except the shell. And there are a lot of forums about them, but not concerned with FE as this site.

Nice to see
PS- sorry, my english is very weak

mrk 02-12-2010 09:11 AM

hi there
i am from spain also (from Valencia, living in Madrid)
I also did a grill block for my toyota yaris, now I want to do A-B-A test to see if there is any aerodynamic improvement...

MetroMPG 02-12-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covarxi (Post 160574)
PS- sorry, my english is very weak

It's not bad at all! (Much better than my Spanish.)

Welcome to the forum.

Darin

Piwoslaw 02-13-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 160769)
It's not bad at all! (Much better than my Spanish.)

Maybe, next to the French subforum, there should be a Spanich one?

cesardeluxe 02-17-2010 08:21 PM

HEllo from spain too! i have a huge problem with consumption on my 1.8 audi a3.. this is really interesting

I have come across that mpguino and i think im gonna get one. My car doesn't have on board comp so i think it may help...

cesardeluxe 02-23-2010 09:19 AM

NObody in spain with mpguino onboard?

oldbeaver 12-13-2010 10:26 AM

Skoda Octavia DSG Transmission.

Hello,

I also have a Skoda Octavia automatic TDI. Year 2009, just purchased.

Haven´t use the first tank yet. It seems it will take a time, unless I travel far. Fuel consumption is very low, and you can see it in real time, so you can adjust yr driving to keep it low.

It is the first diesel car I see with this feature.

DSG AT transmission is a concern: it is smooth but seem to be unserviceable at home. Any experience with this?

Old Beaver

covarxi 12-15-2010 03:41 AM

Hello,

You are right, skoda octavia has real consumption information (fuel yield, or mpguino)) as all the vw-audi group cars.

After quite 10.000km using a grid block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ock-12257.html

My turbodiesel 1.9cm3 passed from 5,5 l/100km to 5,2 l/100km, with no heating problems in spanish hot summer.

Sorry, I can't help you with DGS AT transmission, mine is 5 gear manual.

Salut
CB

oldbeaver 12-15-2010 03:01 PM

Grill block for Skoda Octavia diesel

I saw yr plastic grill block. And read the yield increment of using it.

What do you think is the reason for that improvement? Won´t it damage the engine?

Tks in advance for yr explanation.

OldBeaver

covarxi 12-15-2010 08:11 PM

After 10.000km, I don't notice any engine problem like too much hot and no advice that the electro-fan started to refrigerate the engine. And Spanish summers are 25 to 35ºC.
I supose there are two reasons:
1- The engine reach sooner his normal temperature that makes the injection map change to 'normal' program soon too. Then lower consumption, because with cold engine the injection program use more fuel.
2- Aerodynamics force is proportional to speed^3

Salut

oldbeaver 12-16-2010 11:36 AM

Aero mod to Skoda Octavia

Hello Covarxi,

Tks for yr answer. What I understood is:

1. There is a gain due to reaching work ideal temp faster.
Comment: This is very important if when you use the car in the city with short trips, and in the road with cold trips.

2. There is a gain due to better aerodynamics, as the avoid air penetration and turbulence.

3. Ther isn´t overheating of the engine.
Comment: for temps lower than 25 grades Centigrades we may say for sure.
25 degrees is the maximum here.

Anyway, in my first travel I will use the car for some km with the grill cover and some without it, to compare. Will put it to work say at 100km/h cruise controlled. Then at 70km/h for comparison. Will write down fuel yield results. Here we measure it in km/lt.
Of course will keep an eye on the temp.

Will share results here.

Saludos,

OLdBeaver
:thumbup:

oldbeaver 12-16-2010 11:39 AM

I saw some aero mods people made covering the belly of the car, all the car under.
When I went to see my Skoda for doing that too, I got a great surprise to see that this is already done in the Skoda from factory.
Great !

Mario_Marques 12-26-2010 07:18 PM

Holla!(hi!) covarxi, bienvenido(welcome!)
i'm from portugal, i have a tdi as well.
Saludos(regards!)

oldbeaver 12-26-2010 08:26 PM

Hello Covarxi,

Tudo bem! Eu também falo Portugués.

I already copied yr grill cover, however make it from a different kind of plastic. It is working well so far. Have to see effects in a long trip, maybe tomorrow.

I will tell the Forum about.

Oldbeaver

covarxi 12-27-2010 04:38 PM

Hello,

If you prefer a new and smart grille cover...you need
Octavia II 09-11 Facelift - winter grille cover : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

Skoda Octavia II - front grille winter cover : Skoda Tuning = superskoda.com

Also for fabia and roomster.

Moito obrigado Mario_Marques...and very good wine in Oporto!!

Mario_Marques 12-27-2010 04:48 PM

That grill looks really nice!
Aero mods with style and good looking, that's what we need!! :thumbup:
Thanks covarxi, wich part of spain you live?
I've been in spain many times, my car engine came from puente genil, i've been at barcelona, soria, etc
I like to travell a lot

covarxi 12-27-2010 05:13 PM

Hello Mario,

If you want style, you pay and you get it...no problem.
In Spain, I live in Tarragona (100km south Barcelona following the coast).
I only visited Oporto.