EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   Hood-Windshield Transition (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hood-windshield-transition-16329.html)

Joenavy85 03-05-2011 03:56 PM

Hood-Windshield Transition

1 Attachment(s)
any ideas on how i can improve air flow transition from the hood to the windshield on my Jeep? i'm looking for something relatively simple to do, and that doesn't look like a giant cowl induction hood scoop

gone-ot 03-05-2011 04:15 PM

...a clear "bug-deflector" that goes from the front of the hood right up to the top of the windshield?

...maybe not!

Joenavy85 03-05-2011 04:18 PM

that's a little easier than i was looking for, and i don't know how well that would work anyway

Frank Lee 03-05-2011 05:05 PM

What makes you think that is the problem?

Joenavy85 03-05-2011 05:11 PM

decreased hood to windshield angle is on the 65+ mods list. i have no intention of chopping the top of my Jeep, so i'm looking for something that could possibly give similar results without a ton of fabrication

Frank Lee 03-05-2011 05:58 PM

By golly it is on there... I don't think it should be :mad:

The Geo example given... is a good example of frontal area reduction and also better aero on the rear of the vehicle. I don't see a shred of evidence that the hood/windshield angle did anything good.

Look up aerohead's posts (he could very well be our best resident aero authority), in about 1/4 of them he states and restates that it is the rear end of the vehicle that benefits the most from aeromods.

Joenavy85 03-05-2011 06:00 PM

yeah i've looked through his stuff quite a bit (hence the statement of "doesn't look like a giant cowl induction hood scoop", like on his pickup (not knocking him, i have no doubt it works, just saying i need something simpler)) but not sure of what i could really do on the backside of my Jeep

Sularus 03-05-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 223715)
Look up aerohead's posts (he could very well be our best resident aero authority), in about 1/4 of them he states and restates that it is the rear end of the vehicle that benefits the most from aeromods.

But He has also stated if you don't clean up the front, the back will not do much good. It is a total package, and I have seen multiple people suggest starting at the front and working your way back to realize the most benefit.

J

Joenavy85 03-05-2011 06:20 PM

I'm going on a roadtrip this summer to California which will require me to put a hitch basket on the back for carrying extra gear. maybe i can design it into a sort of hitch mounted semi-boat tail??

Frank Lee 03-05-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sularus (Post 223717)
But He has also stated if you don't clean up the front, the back will not do much good. It is a total package, and I have seen multiple people suggest starting at the front and working your way back to realize the most benefit.

J

Really? :confused:

Can you find that?