EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   how ya doing (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/how-ya-doing-1562.html)

blkbltgoat 03-26-2008 06:31 PM

how ya doing

I am new here i know shocker. but who has the worst gas milage on this site. you should let them know that i am coming after their title:thumbup:

extragoode 03-26-2008 07:57 PM

Mine's pretty pathetic so far, (14-17) it's been too cold here and I've been working too much to get anything done besides changing driving style and pumped up tires. Hopefully summer is kind, because as well as my truck handled the snow it killed the mileage.

AndrewJ 03-26-2008 08:33 PM

Does the GTO have a 6-speed tranny? I can't remember, but I'd imagine that'd be of some assistance when trying to hypermile.

Oh, and if it ever comes down to it, you've got plenty of rear-end gears to choose from, as all those drag-racers are dropping their taller ratios like hot potatoes :D

The good thing about starting off with "terrible" mileage is that any changes you make will pay you back MUCH faster than if you started with a higher MPG car.

If a Hummer driver gains 1mpg, they save ~$500/year.
I'd have to gain about 15mpg to get the same savings....

blkbltgoat 03-26-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewJ (Post 16272)
Does the GTO have a 6-speed tranny?

It does but i have the automatic. i think i am going to change the intake maybe that will help some 4.00 gas is killing me

AndrewJ 03-26-2008 08:45 PM

Yeah, $4.00/gal. has got to be rough, we're at $3.79 where I am.

Have you considered getting a scangauge yet?

It'll probably help you gain the most MPG in the least amount of time.
It shows you your instantaneous MPG (among other things) so you can really see how to drive more efficiently.

Red 03-26-2008 09:12 PM

Welcome to the EM. Always wanted a 6spd goat.....

RH77 03-26-2008 09:35 PM

Fun car! I got to drive one at a test drive event and liked the combination of creature comforts and performance. Sharp looking beast too.

For the longest time, I would see the Holden/GM offerings in Australia and wonder why we didn't get those neat performance cars here -- finally we're starting to see them.

Back to FE -- I think you have some potential. As stated earlier, low MPG cars, with a slight increase in economy, spells big savings. Focus on technique, look into the Beginners thread and start experimenting. I'm sure you'll see some progress.

Welcome to the site, and best FE to ya! :thumbup:

RH77

DifferentPointofView 03-27-2008 12:06 AM

yes, a car that gets 1mpg that increases to 2mpg can go twice as far as before, but a car that gets 40mpg that increases to 41mpg goes a little farther.

Welcome to EM!

blkbltgoat 03-27-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewJ (Post 16276)
Have you considered getting a scangauge yet?

Scangauge how does that work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH77 (Post 16291)
Fun car! I got to drive one at a test drive event and liked the combination of creature comforts and performance. Sharp looking beast too.
Welcome to the site, and best FE to ya! :thumbup:

RH77

Thanks for the warm welcome. how do i get that nifty little thing you have in your sig that talks about your gas mileage and car

SVOboy 03-27-2008 02:07 AM

The scangauge hooks up to your obdII port and displays your fuel economy in real time.

When you enter some tanks into your fuel log you should have access to the image at the bottom of your log.

Welcome to ecomodder!