EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   I want one, will we ever see one here? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/i-want-one-will-we-ever-see-one-9149.html)

ATaylorRacing 07-08-2009 09:41 AM

I want one, will we ever see one here?

Behind the Wheel - Tata Nano - And Now, for Some Serious Belt-Tightening - NYTimes.com

robchalmers 07-08-2009 09:56 AM

God help you if you do! if we're getting the plumped out 'europa' i can't imagine what the 'americana' will be like. it may even get a passanger mirror:eek:

Shawn D. 07-08-2009 10:02 AM

I hope they never come here. They'll be bought by the same types who bought Yugos and never maintained them, adding even more rattletraps to the roads (we have enough folks who don't do proper maintenance).

They probably wouldn't pass US safety standards and the drum brakes all around are a bad idea, especially since there's no ABS (drums lock more easily than discs).

robchalmers 07-08-2009 10:48 AM

fade quicker too!

doviatt 07-08-2009 11:37 AM

I want one too.

More importantly I want a choice for a small car. Currently the options are slim "which Mondo SUV do you want, the red one or the black one.

Why can't we choose from all options large and small, efficient and inefficient.

How about this one. SAHIMO

Inhabitat » SAHÄ°MO Hydrogen Vehicle Travels 568 Kilometers on 1 Liter of Fuel

Shawn D. 07-08-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doviatt (Post 114425)
I want one too.

More importantly I want a choice for a small car. Currently the options are slim "which Mondo SUV do you want, the red one or the black one.

Why can't we choose from all options large and small, efficient and inefficient.

A bit melodramatic, eh? There are already many small cars out there, even in the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doviatt (Post 114425)

Yeah, with four bicycle tires, zero safety, and the ability to only fit a single, moderate-sized person. It's not a "real" car by any means.

alohaspirit 07-08-2009 12:34 PM

i like how it has no rear hatch and you have to pop the hood to fill gas

=P

doviatt 07-08-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn D. (Post 114436)
A bit melodramatic, eh? There are already many small cars out there, even in the US.

Yeah, with four bicycle tires, zero safety, and the ability to only fit a single, moderate-sized person. It's not a "real" car by any means.

I don't rely upon cars expensive features for safety. I drive safely and am aware of my surroundings. A cars safety features are an excuse to ignore safe driving IMO. 90% of the cars that pass me every day only have one occupant. Why can't people carpool, or buy a small commuter car for commuting. Have the bigger car for when you need the room.

NeilBlanchard 07-08-2009 01:14 PM

Hi,

I think I read that the European version will be very similar to the USA version, and as such it will cost ~$6,400.

Tata wants to bring the Nano to the US within two years

Shawn D. 07-08-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doviatt (Post 114445)
I don't rely upon cars expensive features for safety. I drive safely and am aware of my surroundings. A cars safety features are an excuse to ignore safe driving IMO.

You can drive as safely as you want, but you're not the only person on the road. If you really care so little about safety features, why not get a scooter?