EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Idea and design for aerowheel covers (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/idea-design-aerowheel-covers-32218.html)

jordamil 06-21-2015 04:21 PM

Idea and design for aerowheel covers

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,
I was reading the 65+ master list yesterday and got inspired. My girlfriend and I are buying a 2015 honda fit, and I am interested in doing some eco-mods. In particular I am thinking about wheel skirts and aerowheel hubcap covers. Now, since it's a new car, I'll have a hard time convincing my better half to just throw some pizza trays on the wheels, so I decided to get a bit creative. I drew up a design in photoshop for the back wheel skirt and front and back aerowheel covers. I've attached a jpeg.
I'm thinking about vacuum casting them in fiberglass or carbon fiber. When I start making them, I'll post a tutorial. Anyway, wanted to share this with the community and get some feedback. If you have any ideas, or design suggestions, let me know. My goal is to make the aerowheels and wheel skirts as sexy as possible.
Thanks for your input in advance!

deejaaa 06-21-2015 04:26 PM

although I don't think they're "sexy", I just bought a set of moons. they can be powdercoated, painted or plastidipped if you want a color change. moons were $90.00 shipped.

dirtydave 06-21-2015 04:27 PM

the picture is too small put it on imgur or something

jordamil 06-21-2015 04:44 PM

Imgur image

I hadn't used imgur before, thanks for the suggestion. I just set one up and posted the picture, but I have to have 5 posts before I can share links, apparently. So I'll post it soon.

AbramWagner 06-21-2015 05:40 PM

Haha I have a 2015 fit too (also red!)and was noticing how the wheels are nice and recessed into the wheel well and the covers could be nice and flush with the body of the car instead of a big bulge. So it seems a perfect candidate for wheel skirts.

deejaaa 06-21-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydave (Post 484257)
the picture is too small put it on imgur or something

did you click on it? it enlarges when you do.

jordamil 06-21-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbramWagner (Post 484268)
Haha I have a 2015 fit too (also red!)and was noticing how the wheels are nice and recessed into the wheel well and the covers could be nice and flush with the body of the car instead of a big bulge. So it seems a perfect candidate for wheel skirts.

That's great to hear! Less curves make it easier to do the mods. How do you like the fit? We're getting ours Tuesday. I'm pretty stoked!

BabyDiesel 06-21-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordamil (Post 484255)
My goal is to make the aerowheels and wheel skirts as sexy as possible.
Thanks for your input in advance!

I like sexy. Sexy is good :) lol!

I think this idea is a great one. While the usual "down n dirty" mods are good for ROI, the looks leave a lot to desire. Of you can get them going, this does have the opportunity to draw in people who gawk at our quick mods and actually use them.

Go for it! I want to see what you can come up with. Then I want to see you make a deal on Shark Tank ;)

TimV 06-21-2015 09:41 PM

I suggest you make the outer part of the cirle black where normally would be the rubber of the tire.

Awedome idea btw :)

jordamil 06-21-2015 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimV (Post 484302)
I suggest you make the outer part of the cirle black where normally would be the rubber of the tire.

Awedome idea btw :)

Like this? Or do you think even darker?

(click on image to see a larger version)