EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   I'll buy a MPGuino off of somone (eBay-Paypal) if they would like to make one (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ill-buy-mpguino-off-somone-ebay-paypal-if-22613.html)

Joe1234 07-16-2012 05:25 PM

I'll buy a MPGuino off of somone (eBay-Paypal) if they would like to make one

I have a '94 VX and don't have the time (but do have the know-how) to source the components and assemble an MPGuino. I would be glad to pay for an assembled version (with some sort of black casing) if anyone wants to earn some money.
They don't sell them anymore and there aren't any other options for accurate, instantaneous mpg as far as i know.

sneak7377 07-16-2012 08:16 PM

I have one you can buy, I bought it pre-assembled from a link on this site. It has a lead of ~4' on it, no enclosure. The phone jack connector was cut. I'll even throw in the add-a-fuse you'll need for the continuous 12v power.

the device itself did work, but it wasn't compatible with honda's DPFI throttle system =(.

turbovr41991 07-16-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe1234 (Post 317328)
I have a '94 VX and don't have the time (but do have the know-how) to source the components and assemble an MPGuino. I would be glad to pay for an assembled version (with some sort of black casing) if anyone wants to earn some money.
They don't sell them anymore and there aren't any other options for accurate, instantaneous mpg as far as i know.

I was going to go the route of a OBD2 harness conversion and a Scangauge II. Then I decided to go a different route and swap in the HX engine instead (which has the OBD2 port already.)

Joe1234 07-16-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneak7377 (Post 317353)
I have one you can buy, I bought it pre-assembled from a link on this site. It has a lead of ~4' on it, no enclosure. The phone jack connector was cut. I'll even throw in the add-a-fuse you'll need for the continuous 12v power.

the device itself did work, but it wasn't compatible with honda's DPFI throttle system =(.

ok.
1. How do you want to do the transaction? eBay+Paypal, Paypal only, or what? I'll need at least a few pics of it.

2. Does the "DPFI throttle system" exist on the '94 VX?

3. does the LCD have a backlight so it can be seen at night?

4. It needs constant power even when the car is off? Why not just accessory power?

sneak7377 07-16-2012 11:10 PM

I'll private message you a link to pictures, i cant post links yet.

1. Paypal, $35 shipped

2. no, only on 88-91 and earlier civics/crx's

3. yes it has a backlight with an adjustable timeout timer.

4. It's needs constant power because it saves your info as you go, such as fuel economy over the entire tank. The easiest/safest way to do this is to use an "add-a-fuse" device, like the one included, in your radio fuse, your radio has constant power to store your stations. And with this item both items, your radio, and mpguino, will still be fused, while both still receiving constant power.

Brad9660 07-16-2012 11:28 PM

www.dschmidt.com/MPGuinoJBD.html, here you will find pre assembled Mpguino's, I purchased one a few months back, great guy to do business with. $44.00 shipped. I see sneak7377 has his for sale for less, but figured I would post this for others to see.

Joe1234 07-17-2012 12:39 AM

Are there more detailed instructions for where the wires are that I should tap into for a 94 VX?

edit: never mind. I found what I needed

meelis11 07-18-2012 03:05 AM

Just giving another source to buy mpguino (for other topic readers, if Joe1234 already got mpguino): MPGuino trip computer

Meelis

JackMcCornack 07-18-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe1234 (Post 317367)
ok.
1. How do you want to do the transaction? eBay+Paypal, Paypal only, or what? I'll need at least a few pics of it.

I've a slightly OT etiquette question. I have a Lotus 11 nose and tailpiece that I offered a guy at cost if he'd have somebody come get it, and he said he'd take it pending photo approval. I told him that'd be a while, as they were in my hangar behind somebody else's airplane. In brief, I had neither the time nor incentive to get involved with a sales effort, and I figured somebody that needed photos of a Lotus 11 body was more of a tire kicker than a customer, and now he's royally pissed that I've been taking orders for my MAX/Lalo body and says he should be the head of the line since he committed first.

My question is, sneak7377, why do you need at least a few pics of it? To verify that it's as described by the seller? Is this part of your decision-making process, or have you committed to the purchase already? I'm not at all sure of the standard for interpreting "Yes if I like your photos" as a Yes or a Maybe, and you can help.

NachtRitter 07-18-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe1234 (Post 317387)
Are there more detailed instructions for where the wires are that I should tap into for a 94 VX?

edit: never mind. I found what I needed

I know you found what you needed, but for others that are looking for the same info, I wrote up some 'easy' instructions (at least, I hope they are easy!) for connecting an MPGuino to a Honda VX at http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-vx-22636.html