EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   I'm writing a story about hypermiling for Driving.ca; want to be a part of it? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/im-writing-story-about-hypermiling-driving-ca-want-28484.html)

Cletus 03-18-2014 11:17 AM

I'm writing a story about hypermiling for Driving.ca; want to be a part of it?

I've perused this website before for advice on my own 1989 Suzuki Swift GTi and I've talked three of my friends into buying Geo Metros. I also took some of the quick hypermiling tips listed on this page to get my '99 Suburban to 23.8 mpg over my last long trip. I know many people here do way more than that but it saved me a lot of money!

I'm writing a story for Postmedia/Driving and it will run on Driving.ca. I want to educate people about hypermiling techniques they can use and dispel some of the myths about hypermiling.

I'd also like to showcase some of your success stories and show the benefits that people can achieve with any car.

There's lots of information on the site but I'd really like to get a chance to talk to one of you on the phone for a bit and get some information.

PM me with your number and I'd be happy to call you. Feel free to ask any questions about the article, points you'd like to see covered and I'll do my best to help you out.

MetroMPG 03-18-2014 01:18 PM

I think using the word "hypermiling" is almost counterproductive (requring that myths be dispelled) if your goal is public education about efficient driving techniques.

But I'll bite!

user removed 03-18-2014 01:23 PM

Call it "Situational Eco-Driving".

regards
Mech

elhigh 03-18-2014 03:57 PM

PM sent

elhigh 03-21-2014 08:18 AM

...and that's three days with no reply.

Cletus 03-21-2014 08:46 AM

Hey thanks for the help but the article is now complete and will be up on the website shortly. I'll post a link as soon as it's live.

-Cletus

UltArc 03-21-2014 09:01 AM

Lol.

MetroMPG 03-21-2014 10:20 PM

elhigh - I may have beat you to the punch and wore out our intrepid writer. Sorry!

I'm curious to read the final piece. Each writer's spin is always a bit of a surprise.

(The last driving.ca writer who referred to us -- not as the result of an interview, mind you -- produced a somewhat sensationalistic anti-efficiency drive-by. Ecoweenies is one of that writer's favourite terms.)

Cletus' writing history with driving.ca is solid. It even reveals a few EcoModder themes: frugality + efficiency + fun.

Clayton Seams | Driving

elhigh 03-21-2014 10:57 PM

I'm not offended. I told him straight up I wouldn't talk on the phone and that may have been a show stopper.

I hate my phone. Hate, hate, hate.

UltArc 03-21-2014 11:10 PM

I am glad there was communication. I thought this was a

-"Hey! Let me learn and share with others by your knowledge!"
-"Okay, let's do it!
-Chirp chirp chirp
-"Hello?"