EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Installed a new "Aero Turbine" Muffler, gained 11% mpg! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/installed-new-aero-turbine-muffler-gained-11-mpg-2711.html)

scionguy 06-01-2008 11:58 PM

Installed a new "Aero Turbine" Muffler, gained 11% mpg!

I drive a Scion Xb. After about 3yrs of driving it. I love the car by the way. It's indestructable! and fun to drive. Also cheap to buy! Ive been wanting to get better MPG out of it. I looked at the muffler and it looked very contricted to me. So, I googled mufflers that gained MPG. I discovered ************.COM . It's a company based in Utah. They claim that the muffler gives more HP and better MPG. their mufflers are mostly used in long distance endurance race cars and big diesel turbo trucks. I read alot of message boards and it seemed people were indeed getting improvements. So, I shelled out about $130 bucks for one. An Aero Turbine 2540i. the car is wee bit louder. But the sound is great. The car definetly seems peppier but after about 5 gas tank loads my average is a solid 11% gain in mpg! Im a happy camper! 11% gain is 3.3 mile gain. Every little bit helps. Now Im looking at intakes and tires., Anyone have any tire suggestions?
BTW, Aero exhaust makes mufflers for every car and truck. But their Turbine and Turbine XL (the quieter version) are the mufflers that are the real gas savers!

Frankenstipe 06-02-2008 12:13 AM

Pics/Vids or it didn't happen.

digitaldissent 06-02-2008 12:40 AM

hmmm I agree, join the garage, post all your data

drop a line in the introductions section :)

AndrewJ 06-02-2008 01:12 AM

Frackin' doubt it.

Really.

A muffler gained you 11%? Not (at all) likely.

You gotta show me some serious numbers to back that kinda claim up.

koihoshi 06-02-2008 03:41 AM

Perhaps the previous muffler had a potato stuck in it somewhere?

MetroMPG 06-02-2008 08:26 AM

Ziiiing! Thanks for the morning chuckle, koihoshi.

"A fool and his potato are soon parted?"

My initial instinct was to delete the post, it's so spammy. I just removed the web URL instead. We'll see where this goes, if anywhere...

reformed 06-02-2008 10:00 PM

Thats almost as good as the guy who extended his gas line and wrapped it around his coolant lines and netted over 62MPG in a 3.0L Dodge Stealth.

Arminius 06-02-2008 10:05 PM

First post. Hhhmmmm.

LUVMY02CREW 06-03-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koihoshi (Post 30394)
Perhaps the previous muffler had a potato stuck in it somewhere?

Potato growing in muffler.....hmmmmmm.....when I was young, mom said my ears got so dirty that taters could be growing in them. It may be time to really check out that burnt tater skin smell when the engine gets warm :p

Arminius 06-03-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scionguy (Post 30352)
I drive a Scion Xb. After about 3yrs of driving it. I love the car by the way. It's indestructable! and fun to drive. Also cheap to buy! Ive been wanting to get better MPG out of it. I looked at the muffler and it looked very contricted to me. So, I googled mufflers that gained MPG. I discovered ************.COM . It's a company based in Utah. They claim that the muffler gives more HP and better MPG. their mufflers are mostly used in long distance endurance race cars and big diesel turbo trucks. I read alot of message boards and it seemed people were indeed getting improvements. So, I shelled out about $130 bucks for one. An Aero Turbine 2540i. the car is wee bit louder. But the sound is great. The car definetly seems peppier but after about 5 gas tank loads my average is a solid 11% gain in mpg! Im a happy camper! 11% gain is 3.3 mile gain. Every little bit helps. Now Im looking at intakes and tires., Anyone have any tire suggestions?
BTW, Aero exhaust makes mufflers for every car and truck. But their Turbine and Turbine XL (the quieter version) are the mufflers that are the real gas savers!

The difference between what you just said and a bucket of manure is.....the bucket.