EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   Interpersonal conflict in this subforum (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/interpersonal-conflict-subforum-38680.html)

MetroMPG 10-14-2020 11:15 AM

Interpersonal conflict in this subforum

Tim (Daox) and I made the unhappy decision to ban both JulianEdgar and aerohead this morning. It's a temporary penalty; hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Thank you to the multiple members who contacted us or who posted expressing concern about declining levels of civility.

Also we apologize for letting this go on too long; for various reasons, both of us have been visiting the forum less frequently, so we missed the opportunity to address a simmering situation sooner.

---

Speaking just for myself now: it genuinely sucks to see these two guys clashing. Both have motivated me for years to learn more about modifying & testing my own vehicles.

Stubby79 10-14-2020 12:21 PM

Good work! :thumbup:

sgtlethargic 10-14-2020 01:15 PM

Wow.

oil pan 4 10-14-2020 01:44 PM

Sounds like I missed a good dumpster fire.

freebeard 10-14-2020 02:02 PM

It's like counterrotating buzz-saws.

Thank you for making it temporary. I'd hate to lose either voice.

How Long? Is there a list of all the involuntary User Removeds?

redpoint5 10-14-2020 02:29 PM

What say we about allowing alldarc back, assuming he agrees to play by the rules?

Vman455 10-14-2020 02:46 PM

Thanks, MetroMPG. And my sincerest apologies for any egging on I did; sometimes it was hard not to jump in.

I agree with freebeard in that losing either of them would be a detriment to the forum. Things have been more animated here in recent months than at any other time in the last several years, and as a result of all the posts I've added several books to my library as well as various devices for testing.

On that note, if anyone wants to try the Scanivalve pressure sensors I have a couple left to give away.

freebeard 10-14-2020 03:29 PM

I liked All Darc.

Not sure of the odds, but I'd say aerohead comes back and JulianEdgar doesn't.

I wish they'd both come back so we can do a good-natured roasting of the both [of them].

Hersbird 10-14-2020 07:39 PM

Thanks for keeping this place so civil. There are so few places on the internet you can go without ad hominems being the rule rather than the exception.

I hope that both come back. With different opinions, understandings, and viewpoints, you get a better education of novices like me.

Honestly I have avoided the aerodynamics section for months now as it seemed too much like going to the Coliseum. Funny you can't find good Coliseum on TV today without debate, and you can't find good debate with Coliseum.

TexasCotton 10-14-2020 09:50 PM

Hindsight 20/20 Online Forums Non Face to Face conversations

FYI

To begin, I want thank both Vman (USA) and Nathan (UK) for their posts and updates have given myself personal insights with modifications and concerns on Toyota Prius. Gen2 and Gen3...

Please everyone be safe, fair, and open to thoughts that may not be of your mindset.