EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   its kinda funny... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/its-kinda-funny-3205.html)

malibuguy 06-20-2008 08:01 AM

its kinda funny...

So i've been "hypermiling" as much as i can, driving the speed limit, EOC, P&G, etc

i know one of the tips is to drive calm, etc, i find myself now getting pissed off at people ruining my EOC, by slowing down in front of me, especially for no reason, & ruining my momentum, haha

or the other day, when this lady cut in between me & a big trailer that i was trying to get a little drafting action from, within a reasonable distance of course, i was like WTH!! & shot around her to get back behind the trailer, plus she was doing 45 in a 65, so.....nuh uh, ain't doing that

tho i cannot wait to find out this tanks MPG, i normally hit 300+/- miles by 1/4 tank left, but i'm over 300 now & just dropped below 1/2 tank!

i'm excited :D

dcb 06-20-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malibuguy (Post 36628)
or the other day, when this lady cut in between me & a big trailer that i was trying to get a little drafting action from, within a reasonable distance of course, i was like WTH!!...

Interesting, Drivers now aggresively competing for the hypermiling spots :D

AXMonster 06-20-2008 08:36 AM

I do occasionally curse the 'lame brains' that ruin my momentum, especially when they stop dead infront of me for no reason at junctions & roundabouts (which you US guys don't have IIRC).

ebacherville 06-20-2008 09:29 AM

today i drove the truck to work as i have to get some wood, and this truck and horse trailer was going like 45 in front of me , as i pulled in behind it.. i watched the scan gauge go up 10MPG... I was like "I'm sticking right here", normally these guys would pissme off and id pass them.. not any more :)

jamesqf 06-20-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXMonster (Post 36634)
...roundabouts (which you US guys don't have IIRC).

Oh, yes we do. One of our state highway bigwigs must have spent a vacation in Britain a few years ago, because they've been cropping up all over around here. Unfortunately, he seems not to have grasped the idea that they're intended to speed up traffic flow...

SVOboy 06-20-2008 12:37 PM

I get grumpy when someone trips a good light on me, :p

Blue07CivicEX 06-20-2008 12:44 PM

Malibu, which car is that on? the Dodge? I just ran my Civic 286 miles and was at 1/2 tank it was great, I was excited to see what I got at the pump. I get paid $.505 for every mile on a business trip so the better gas mileage I get the more money I make off a trip! This past trip I made an extra $15 profit due to the improved gas mileage!

And I also get frustrated when people kill my coasts (people that slow down going down hills). I've also found myself speeding up a little to catch up to tractor trailers.

wagonman76 06-20-2008 12:47 PM

There was one the other day that screwed me up, but not too many. There are a few places to and from work that I can idle for a good mile without really slowing down drastically for the conditions. Usually if they whip out in front of me I know theyre going to gun it and be out of my way before I even catch up. Theres only one thing that really irks me and thats being stuck driving 40. Too fast to maximize the gain of the TCC lockup at 35, but too slow to be able to grab OD and drop to 1500 rpm. Once I grab OD I can actually let off the gas a bit and still speed up, because of the torque of the 3.1. I do notice feeling more relaxed while hypermiling, while everyone else is just wasting more gas. I feel more alone, which is good. A lot like driving in a good snowstorm, when a lot of people are too afraid to be out, very peaceful.

Tango Charlie 06-20-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesqf (Post 36708)
Oh, yes we do. One of our state highway bigwigs must have spent a vacation in Britain a few years ago, because they've been cropping up all over around here. Unfortunately, he seems not to have grasped the idea that they're intended to speed up traffic flow...

Yeah, same around here. I hate 'em. I know the ecomodder in me should be in favor, but I'm too old (and too much a red-blooded American:rolleyes:) to change. I hate change. Gimme back a good 4-way stop or a well-timed light. Gol-durn Yoorupeans... (just kidding on that last comment, AXMonster;))

malibuguy 06-20-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue07CivicEX (Post 36711)
Malibu, which car is that on? the Dodge? I just ran my Civic 286 miles and was at 1/2 tank it was great, I was excited to see what I got at the pump. I get paid $.505 for every mile on a business trip so the better gas mileage I get the more money I make off a trip! This past trip I made an extra $15 profit due to the improved gas mileage!

And I also get frustrated when people kill my coasts (people that slow down going down hills). I've also found myself speeding up a little to catch up to tractor trailers.

yeah, on the caliber

why do people hit the brakes going downhill, its effing stupid