EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Kayaks: trailer or on top of the roof? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/kayaks-trailer-top-roof-36781.html)

mannydantyla 08-30-2018 12:38 PM

Kayaks: trailer or on top of the roof?

Which would reduce my MPG the least, putting two kayaks on the roof of my 4runner or putting them in a single-axle trailer?

If I go the trailer route, I can fit up to four kayaks so that's awesome. Its for my bachelor party in Arkansas. Leaving tomorrow morning...

Thanks!

redpoint5 08-30-2018 01:24 PM

Trailer is more efficient. Congrats and have fun!

teoman 08-30-2018 02:19 PM

Enjoy your batchelors party!

It is all down hill from there...

mannydantyla 08-30-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 577574)
Trailer is more efficient. Congrats and have fun!

thanks!

mannydantyla 08-30-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teoman (Post 577587)
Enjoy your batchelors party!

It is all down hill from there...

Thanks! I think... assuming you mean it in the positive sense of this phrase, lol

teoman 08-30-2018 03:50 PM

In the ecomodder sense obviously :)

samwichse 08-31-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannydantyla (Post 577589)
Thanks! I think... assuming you mean it in the positive sense of this phrase, lol

People who trash talk marriage had bad marriages and/or are a vocal minority.

Enjoy your life :)

redpoint5 08-31-2018 02:05 PM

I'd say those who have a dim view of marriage had unrealistic expectations for what marriage is. It's also possible they chose the "wrong" person, but only because that person also had unrealistic expectations of what marriage is.

As far as I can tell, the primary purpose of marriage is to raise children in a stable environment. If I wished to avoid having/adopting children, I would also avoid getting married.

19bonestock88 08-31-2018 02:27 PM

Congrats on getting married! It isn’t for everybody but it can be very rewarding, kinda like having an all downhill commute both ways with a free elevator in between them lol...

thingstodo 08-31-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannydantyla (Post 577568)
Which would reduce my MPG the least, putting two kayaks on the roof of my 4runner or putting them in a single-axle trailer?

If I go the trailer route, I can fit up to four kayaks so that's awesome. Its for my bachelor party in Arkansas. Leaving tomorrow morning...

Thanks!

A little late .. but on top of the 4runner increases the frontal area with a slippery profile (still area, but not a lot of turbulence). I would (have) vote(d) for this option.

Depending on what your trailer looks like, it could cause a bunch of turbulence and drag, plus it's heavier. If it's like my utility trailer, it has sides, does not sit level on my hitch since I'm too cheap to buy the right hitch .. weighs an extra 1000 lbs

I've never had any load on a trailer work out to less fuel penalty if it will fit on the roof rack. It has been a few years since I did an A-B-A test ...

Then again .. if I took my roof rack off when I wasn't using it I would have better gas mileage to begin with ...