EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   LCD or LED Display on everyones vehicle current MPG (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/lcd-led-display-everyones-vehicle-current-mpg-9867.html)

DIMS 08-28-2009 02:58 AM

LCD or LED Display on everyones vehicle current MPG

LCD or LED external and internal Display on everyones vehicle with current MPG.

Wouldn't it be nice to see an instantaneously MPG display on all vehicles from the outside & the inside of each vehicle :)

That way when people honk because I'm going the posted limit or 5mph under & in the right lane they would understand the reasoning :)

McTimson 08-28-2009 08:01 AM

I doubt the people who are honking for going slow are going to stop and think, "wait, they're getting 50MPG by driving slower?" Rather, they'll probably just honk anyway, and wonder "why the **** do you have an LED dislpay outside of your window, you jackass".

A bunch of people have bumper stickers, or other larger stickers on their vehicles that show their average MPG. That's probably better than having an LED outside, as having something flashy showing on the outside of the car is illegal in most states.

doviatt 08-28-2009 10:59 AM

I've noticed less honking and people passing-as-they-should AFTER I put my mpg stickers in my rear window. It appears to be a reasonable defensive driving technique. I get the occasional wave and thumbs up also. I love it when I'm passed and by a hybrid and they notice my stickers. :)http://ecomodder.com/forum/emgarage-...f8634d754e.JPG

SVOboy 08-28-2009 11:34 AM

I've thought about hooking up the guino to a display that is basically just larger, but I don't know much about displays...just hoping someone else would figure it out :p

CoastRider 08-29-2009 11:15 AM

Been working on a few stickers myself.

gimme a dollar and I'll go faster

whats your hurry? the light is red

are you drafting me, or trying to get me to go faster?

In my area there are many 2 same direction lanes. Everyday people mash the gas to go around me only to stomp on the brakes to stop at the light. Never fails to bring a smile to my face when I pull up beside them a few seconds later.

Mustang Dave 08-29-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoastRider (Post 124568)
Never fails to bring a smile to my face when I pull up beside them a few seconds later.

It's even more fun to fly by them at the speed limit when the light turns green.:D:D:thumbup:

Cd 08-29-2009 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=CoastRider;124568]

whats your hurry? the light is red

QUOTE]

That's great. I like to see that one.:thumbup:

anthonye81 09-07-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoastRider (Post 124568)
In my area there are many 2 same direction lanes. Everyday people mash the gas to go around me only to stomp on the brakes to stop at the light. Never fails to bring a smile to my face when I pull up beside them a few seconds later.

I think this one is a bit wordy. I don't want to block out my entire rear window :D

MadisonMPG 09-07-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Dave (Post 124655)
It's even more fun to fly by them at the speed limit when the light turns green.:D:D:thumbup:

This is the best part, even the fastest cars can't accelerate 0-40 as I can 40-40. haha

99metro 09-10-2009 09:52 AM

I feel like I am in good company. I feel and do the same as most of you above, every day.

ANYONE can drive "pedal to the metal". Not everyone can drive to get good fuel economy.

I need to break out the window crayon and mark my MPG on the back window...The cops might not like a rear LED/LCD display on the back window. BUT they do make license plate frames that you can change the messages in LED.

Just an example, not a promotional thing:
Scrolling LED License Plate Frame » Coolest Gadgets