EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   "LOL - How does he change his tires ?" ( comments about wheel covers ) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/lol-how-does-he-change-his-tires-comments-31163.html)

Cd 02-08-2015 09:54 AM

"LOL - How does he change his tires ?" ( comments about wheel covers )

I keep seeing this comment come up when a picture is posted of a car with covered wheels.

I got to wondering. For you drivers that put a lot of miles on your cars here, in the last five years, how many times have you had a flat tire ? My parents drive a lot, and the last time that they had a flat was around 13 years ago.

To me, it seems like a non issue if it takes five minutes ( or less ) more to change a tire, if over the course of several years the mod pays for itself in gas savings.

nemo 02-08-2015 09:57 AM

The way they have the spare located in some vehicles skirts may be easier to remove than getting out the spare.

Cd 02-08-2015 10:32 AM

So true !

BrandonMods 02-08-2015 10:35 AM

Are you talking about farings or hub cap covers? If its the covers mine are secured with zip ties and I just cut them with end cutters.

Vman455 02-08-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonMods (Post 467192)
Are you talking about farings or hub cap covers? If its the covers mine are secured with zip ties and I just cut them with end cutters.

The thread title references the Reddit cognoscenti commenting on BamZipPow's wheel skirts. I find it amusing that they think we haven't thought things through.

ksa8907 02-08-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vman455 (Post 467260)
The thread title references the Reddit cognoscenti commenting on BamZipPow's wheel skirts. I find it amusing that they think we haven't thought things through.

In fact, the exact opposite is true, most of us here are very good at thinking things through and developing mods.

Rishar 02-09-2015 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksa8907 (Post 467261)
In fact, the exact opposite is true, most of us here are very good at thinking things through and developing mods.

Pffft, speak for yourself, I rarely think things through. Everyone I know has heard me say, "Eh, what's the worst that could happen?" maaaaany times. :P

As for flat tires, in 10 years of driving, I have had 1 flat tire. Granted it was in winter and sucked...I actually said screw it, drove it back to my garage (200 feet maybe) and put the spare on in there.

dirtydave 02-09-2015 12:38 AM

I have never had a flat tire EVER, and i roll with crap used tires from the local $9.99 used tire place in the ghetto..... 20+PSI over the "recommended" pressures no spare no fix-a-flat no AAA no nothing....

cowmeat 02-09-2015 05:20 AM

I used to be able to change the rear tires on Black Widow with the wheel skirts on the car.

I'm considering adding moon discs to Turtle's wheels, and they come off with three screws, not a giant task. If I do put them on, I'm going to add valve extensions so I can air up the tires with the caps on.

whatmaycome14 02-09-2015 02:28 PM

I've designed my rear skirts to be removed (with just a few screws) in under 2min. Very VERY easy to do. No worries at all!