Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2015, 04:32 AM   #141 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I can see IGBT s quite powerfull. You would have to dissassemble the PCBs to see which is it and to try if it is good.

However driver is VLA500 or similar advanced industrial driver it should only need 15V PSU and i think it is the black brick on the left of amp sensors.
Well if you have thermal fuse than that would shut driver down, but it would repower when event passes?
I would suggest ou take IGBT off and check it according to this

You can send me PM with your mail to continue this separately since this is BMS thread...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #142 (permalink)
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arber333 View Post
...You can send me PM with your mail to continue this separately since this is BMS thread...
Or start a new thread. I would be interested in the results of the test. Would be good to see a bit of expensive equipment rescued from the dumpster.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #143 (permalink)
Dreamer

And who knows.
Once i get the controller from Paul and give it a bit of stick i might also be diagnosing and replacing blown IGBTs.
So your experiences may prove quite valuable.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #144 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Well i have persuaded friend Matjaz who is programmer to write me a simple program interface. It takes hex values from txt file and translates them in mV in CSV file with semicolon separator. That way excel just opens the file and you are making pretty graphs of your cell values.
Be sure that you put correct file path.
Program also checks places between FF terminators and reserves places for columns. Result are instant columns.

Also there are some constants that you dont need to change. Perhaps ADC. It defines LiPo or LiFe cell range. I have it set at 290 for LiPo but if you have LiFe you want it at 316 like Neville.

You can download it here: https://mazdamx3ev.files.wordpress.c.../converter.pdf

It is a rar containing jar file and forums are not kind to such files. So i changed it to pdf

A

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Converter.pdf (9.2 KB, 34 views)
Reply  Post New Thread