EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   Made a video driving from the store to the house. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/made-video-driving-store-house-29248.html)

dirtydave 06-15-2014 05:24 PM

Made a video driving from the store to the house.

As we all know this is a game and nothing can be perfect except in a closed course with no traffic or traffic lights or stop signs.

This video shows my drive home from where I do my shopping. I park way off in the corner of the lot and walk from store to store to get everything I need for the house. Here's a video of me trying to get the best possible MPG in this route.

Any Comments about what I should have done better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i90ZgDXEw6s

ecomodded 06-15-2014 07:07 PM

I was going to say you could add sound , then I noticed my volume was muted.
Since you want a critic I suggest showing the mph and rpm and a bit of road if possible so we can tell when your off throttle.

You must have good technique , to get 40 mpg in your Kia

- it seems like your car needs shocks - :)

nemo 06-15-2014 07:17 PM

Maybe?

100+ Hypermiling Tips

Quote:

65) Parking tactics: reverse in

If you have no pull-through spots to choose from, reverse in when arriving, instead of driving in when warm and backing out/turning around when the vehicle is cold and fuel economy is at its worst.

Also note that reversing into a flow of traffic is riskier (and therefore much slower and less efficient) because you may not have a clear view until your vehicle's back end is well out of the space.

UltArc 06-15-2014 08:06 PM

Use a pull through spot, EOC up to it.
Avoid those mall roads, people and cars like to avoid paying attention.
Coast out further. At 1:15~ you take the first exit rather than using your momentum to the second.
Avoid bumps- they slow you down.

I stopped at 3:49. Looks good, clearly you are doing great work. What I mentioned is nit picky, just because you asked :)

Cobb 06-15-2014 08:19 PM

Without view of instrumentation, gear selection, its hard to give, but so much advise.

I will say in the first few minutes it looks like you rolled a few fake stop signs and cross walk. We have cops who patrol shopping centers for just that to ticket people. I had a cop to tell me when you leave a driveway, even if the way is clear, you still got to come to a complete stop before going on. :eek:

digital rules 06-15-2014 10:12 PM

Can police ticket for "moving violations" on private property? I was under the impression they couldn't?

dirtydave 06-16-2014 11:45 AM

I will use a new app that connects to ODBII and try again.
Just found torque has a app for that.

I try to shift at 2K RPM and 45MPH-60MPH P&G on the highway.
Ease up to speed and keep a strict 60MPH Max speed (unless its downhill)

I haven't done any Aeromods yet because I am waiting for the local elections to end.

I try to avoid that traffic in-front of the store but there was a van parked in the alley and guys working I didn't want to bother them.

Thanks for the comments. I love trying to drive smart.
I will make more videos and post them because it really helps to know what I should have done VS what I did do.

40MPG isnt too hard in my kia when it got 33MPG with no hyper-milling tactics.

50MPG is the goal with hyper-milling and alot of Aeromods.

redpoint5 06-17-2014 12:23 AM

Is that a solar panel I see on the dash? I'm sure you were driving more efficiently than I do considering you EOC. Well done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital rules (Post 430047)
Can police ticket for "moving violations" on private property? I was under the impression they couldn't?

Not on private, private property. But they can ticket you on privately owned property that is open to the public, such as store parking lots. I had always ignored traffic control devices in parking lots and just drove using reason, thinking that you can't be ticketed on private property. I'm still in the bad habit of ignoring most of the signs, even after learning that I can be ticketed.

darcane 06-17-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydave (Post 429987)
As we all know this is a game and nothing can be perfect except in a closed course with no traffic or traffic lights or stop signs.

This video shows my drive home from where I do my shopping. I park way off in the corner of the lot and walk from store to store to get everything I need for the house. Here's a video of me trying to get the best possible MPG in this route.

Any Comments about what I should have done better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i90ZgDXEw6s

I won't "critique" because, quite frankly, you're better at it than I am. Although your geography helps a bit.

I would like to see instrumentation, just to see what is going on with the engine/speed/etc.

Thanks for making the video. I'd love to see more of these, especially from the really good hypermilers. The tips help a lot, but it's better when I can see them used.

dirtydave 06-17-2014 02:30 PM

Yeah its a 1.5watt solar panel hooked up to the battery. Keeps a trickle charge. To overcome the increased stater use and radio when the engine is off. I need a bigger one but I can't justify the cost.

I EOC as much as possible. P&G all the time. I still have alot to learn about Hills and highway P&G.