EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Metro EOC switch how to (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/metro-eoc-switch-how-3831.html)

bbjsw10 07-16-2008 12:03 AM

Metro EOC switch how to
 
I wrote a how-to for a EOC (engine off coasting) switch on a Metro Xfi. Should work for any 89-94 1.0l, 3 cyl. Here is a link. :thumbup: TeamSwift • View topic - EOC (engine off coasting) Switch how-to XFI

Johnny Mullet 07-16-2008 06:55 AM

Thank you very much for that informative post. Good job!

groar 07-16-2008 11:34 AM

Great post :thumbup:

For safety reasons I will never do that myself : the more complicated electric job I'm allowed to do is to change a bulb ;)
The only way I have to do EOC is to have an hybrid (limited to prius and HCH in France)... so by now I will continue to DFCO.

Denis.

lunarhighway 07-16-2008 12:06 PM

@groar

you can still use the key to shut the car off! it's not so convenient than a button, but it works and lets you try eoc without modifications!

be carefull not to turn the key all the way back because your breaklights and other things might not work anymore, and brakes pressure will disapear when you use the brakes more than 2 or 3 times so restart the engine if you need to do that.

so try it on a safe road without traffic.

Tango Charlie 07-16-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarhighway (Post 44531)
@groar
be carefull not to turn the key all the way back because your breaklights and other things might not work anymore, and brakes pressure will disapear when you use the brakes more than 2 or 3 times so restart the engine if you need to do that.

so try it on a safe road without traffic.

That's not quite accurate. You will always have brake lights, even with the key out of the ignition.

bbjsw10 07-16-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groar (Post 44526)
Great post :thumbup:

For safety reasons I will never do that myself : the more complicated electric job I'm allowed to do is to change a bulb ;)
The only way I have to do EOC is to have an hybrid (limited to prius and HCH in France)... so by now I will continue to DFCO.

Denis.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet (Post 44473)
Thank you very much for that informative post. Good job!

Thanks, hopefully it helps someone to get better FE. :D

Johnny Mullet 07-16-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango Charlie (Post 44552)
That's not quite accurate. You will always have brake lights, even with the key out of the ignition.

Ford Focus will not have brake lights unless the key is on.

bbjsw10 07-16-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet (Post 44716)
Ford Focus will not have brake lights unless the key is on.

And alot of other new cars, I work at a RV dealership and one thing I do is install trailer brake controllers and trailer wiring. I am finding alot more cars/trucks that need the key on for brake lights. Getting more and more complex. Especially remote starters, which I hate but customer's pay for them, and that pays my bills.

Tango Charlie 07-17-2008 12:00 AM

No kidding? I have not seen this yet. In the future maybe a large percentage of our mods will be bypassing and tricking the computers in our cars.

lunarhighway 07-17-2008 04:51 AM

Quote:

That's not quite accurate. You will always have brake lights, even with the key out of the ignition.
on both opels i've driven the breakelights will not work when the ignition is turned to off, but normal lights will stay on, on my girlfriends ford fiesta, even the headlights go out when the ignition is off, so it depends, although a few simple changes will likely change these things if it's really needed.

so, whoever is planning on eoc, better checks what their car does when you use it in ways it wasn't designed for.

Quote:

No kidding? I have not seen this yet. In the future maybe a large percentage of our mods will be bypassing and tricking the computers in our cars.
chiptuneing for performance is quite common, but i think i've heared of one tuner who offered an economy tune of the chip.

since on a lot of cars the chip will cause the injector(s) to cut out while coasting in gear and the engine is above a certain rmp, if one could altering these parameter you could get a long way.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com