EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer (https://ecomodder.com/forum/opengauge-mpguino-fe-computer.html)
-   -   MPGuino kit availability? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/mpguino-kit-availability-12043.html)

Botje 01-26-2010 02:37 PM

MPGuino kit availability?

Hi,

I emailed fundamental-logic to ask when they have their MPGuino kit back in stock but no reply. Assuming that they missed my email I ordered one anyway.. not sure if that was a wise move :rolleyes:

Does anyone know when they could be back in stock? Anyone ordered stuff there lately?

I hope it gets here fast, it looks like it is a very useful instrument with a lot of potential for modifications.

Thanks in advance,

Botje

EDIT: just saw that i placed this in the sub-forum for the OBD2 stuff. oops! I meant to put it in the normal instrumentation forum.

bestclimb 01-28-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botje (Post 156904)
Hi,

I emailed fundamental-logic to ask when they have their MPGuino kit back in stock but no reply. Assuming that they missed my email I ordered one anyway.. not sure if that was a wise move :rolleyes:

Does anyone know when they could be back in stock? Anyone ordered stuff there lately?

I hope it gets here fast, it looks like it is a very useful instrument with a lot of potential for modifications.

Thanks in advance,

Botje

EDIT: just saw that i placed this in the sub-forum for the OBD2 stuff. oops! I meant to put it in the normal instrumentation forum.

Good luck ordered one in October or 09, was told it would ship around thanks giving, still not arrived and can't get a hold of them.

Superturnier 01-29-2010 09:01 AM

I ordered a mpguino kit from fundamental logic in august of 2009 and I never received the shipment.
After the order I got an email from fundamental that the package will be shipped by PayPal Shipping with Canada Post.
And I also got a tracking number. But the tracking ended right were it began at Missisauga, Canada post.

After waiting 30 business days I started sending emails to fundamental logic, canada post and paypal.
Fundamental never answered.
Canada post said it's sender's responsibility to make a claim of disappeared shipment. And that just does not make sense. It is me who has not received the package.:mad: So I emailed again Fundamental and got no answer.

So after 2 months of useless waiting, I bought the needed parts from my home country. I chose to use the Arduino Duemilanove Atmega328 platform which was a good decision. Because I needed the metric version, I could use those metric software versions which may not fit to the ATmega168 prosessor. A few guys here have done a good job converting these softwares from usa to metric.
And with the Arduino Duemilanove Atmega328 you can load easily whatever version you like using the USB.

After using the mpguino about 2 months I realized that I have the Peak and hold injectors in my car.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...or-6841-8.html

Now I'm trying to make the MPGuino to show reasonable readings. That needs some time and testing but I think It's possible.
I changed the injector delay 500us to 2us and
at least now it responds very well to how much I press the gas pedal, which is an improvement to the right direction.:rolleyes:

Good luck!

90crxHF 01-29-2010 09:18 AM

I want to get one of these to mess with. Any honda guys know what VSS and cluster I need to get so I can send the MPGuino the speed signal?

Botje 01-29-2010 05:57 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to let paypal know in time when i'm not getting my stuff. Too bad to see a small company with so many cool things have those problems. I'll wait patiently but it is good to be warned.

I was thinking of making a MPGuino style super-gauge myself but i'm not sure if i can bring such a project to a good end haha. It would be nice to gather more parameters on one display, now i have a lot of separate gauges (oil pressure/temp/volt/boost/rpm)/displays(lambda) and I still want MPG and EGT gauges... :rolleyes:

Superturnier, too bad you didnt get your unit... Nice to hear that the current MPGuino project is going in the right direction. :cool:

ben98gs 04-06-2010 01:51 PM

Anyone have any success in ordering and receiving one of these lately?

Botje 04-06-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben98gs (Post 169470)
Anyone have any success in ordering and receiving one of these lately?

nope, I filed a paypal complaint because i got no replay to mails and no package etc. Got my money back. Too bad, it is a nice product. I think there are other sites where you can buy them too or?

90crxHF 04-06-2010 02:05 PM

Looks like we will just have to build them ourselves.... I'm pretty good with a soldering iron/gun, and I have two electronics component stores to choose from. I'm sure I can wrestle this items up.

In fact, if I can buy an abundance of the parts necessary to build this kit, I'll start selling them. Whatcha guys think?

ben98gs 04-06-2010 04:30 PM

I am thinking about making my own too... But would end up being more than the kit after considering needing to buy everything to program the chip too.

spitsnrovers 04-08-2010 02:17 PM

I also emailed them last week - from Canada - but got no reply.

However from the sticky at the top of the forum that says Kit Available - I emailed and got a reply from Amyb saying that a new version for metric should be available soon.

Here is her exact reply.

<We have assembled units available for immediate shipping; however they are <in English.

<We are working on some upgrades currently that include metric. These <assembled units will be available shortly.

<Thank you for your interest,
<Amy

So I'll wait a while and look for info on that level.