EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer (https://ecomodder.com/forum/opengauge-mpguino-fe-computer.html)
-   -   My finished product (enclosure) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/my-finished-product-enclosure-7197.html)

junker 02-21-2009 02:22 PM

My finished product (enclosure)
 
I have tested my MPGuino and so I finalized it's assembly and just need to calibrate it. Here are pics. I used a USB switchbox that were on clearance for $1 because it's case was the right size and it had rear ports that I re-used for the interfaces.

http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ont%20View.JPG

http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ear%20View.JPG

Before & After Project Case:
http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ont%20View.JPG

Before & After Project Case:
http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ear%20View.JPG

http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ont%20View.JPG

http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ear%20View.JPG

http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...Top%20View.JPG

http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ifications.JPG

Vehicle Interface Board:
http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...ce%20Board.JPG

Vehicle Interface Board Layout Diagram:
http://www.doaks.net/projects/mpguin...-%20Layout.JPG

SVOboy 02-21-2009 02:35 PM

Wow, that looks really great!

TomO 02-22-2009 06:57 PM

nice job, very slick looking!

Daox 02-23-2009 09:47 AM

Very nice. :)

McTimson 02-23-2009 10:53 AM

That's an awesome case. It looks like a CB radio or something, just without the microphone part.

So you wired the VSS and injector signals into a USB cable, right?

wagonman76 02-23-2009 12:48 PM

Looks great, I like it! If I had more room in my dash I'd do something like that.

How well do those buttons work? Any problems getting them to function simultaneously for tank reset, etc. ?

beatr911 02-23-2009 01:37 PM

Nice work!

junker 02-25-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTimson (Post 89150)
That's an awesome case. It looks like a CB radio or something, just without the microphone part.

So you wired the VSS and injector signals into a USB cable, right?

Yes, the USB connector has 4 conductors which is perfect for Battery, Ground, Injector, and VSS.

junker 02-25-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagonman76 (Post 89175)
Looks great, I like it! If I had more room in my dash I'd do something like that.

How well do those buttons work? Any problems getting them to function simultaneously for tank reset, etc. ?

It sits on top of my dash, the saturn has a big flat dashboard. I put a small piece of non skid material under it which has worked well to keep it in one place.

The buttons work good, the springs in them are a bit stronger than I would like but I have had no issues.

2003protege 02-26-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junker (Post 89663)
Yes, the USB connector has 4 conductors which is perfect for Battery, Ground, Injector, and VSS.

I'm so stealing this idea. STANDARDIZATION FTW!!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com