Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Events & Meet-ups
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Help Needed @NASA this weekend!

Hi everybody!

I'm Leonardo Valente, doing Graduate Studies Program at Singularity University at NASA Ames.

For our final team project, we are building a hybrid car for developing countries, where they're not widely available like in USA.

We already bought electric hub motors (coming from china), kelly controllers, deep cycle batteries, and a car! a 2004 Hyundai Accent. But we are not mechanical experts, and we need help to do this project before next monday.

We need the help of any enthusiast from this friday to build the final prototype, since the final presentation is on tuesday. We'll be using arduinos to coordinate both power sources, and the most challenging issue we are facing is building a compatible support for the motors into the suspension.

Singularity University is a project funded by Google and several big companies, hosted at NASA Ames in Moffett Field, and we'd like to make this experience as fun as possible for anyone whishing to help. Did I mention something about free beer and pizzas???

Those interested can reply here, or send me a personal message.

Thank you in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to exponentialmotors For This Useful Post:
Insight for life (08-11-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Some reference of us:
Webpage exponentialmotors dot com
We have an IndieGoGo campaign too, with a nice video, look for hybrid-cars-for-developing-countries or campaign 8377928

Sorry for being so hurry, the team project part of the course is really very short!

Leonardo (Argentina), Christian (Chile), Javier (Mexico)

Reply  Post New Thread