Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModdingRealist

The Blue Lagoon - '92 Honda Civic VX
finally swapped intake (Civic VX: removed aftermarket one, installed one from DX)

I probably should have posted this in Success Stories forum... Mods: change if you see fit. Sorry and thanks.

Hey friends,

today I finally had time to put the DX stock intack onto my Civic VX in replace of the aftermarket. The intake tube is definitely smaller than the fat aftermarket, but bigger then stock VX tube. However at least now I can make use of the resonator and easily run a drier hose to my exhaust manifold. ( the drier hose is my next step ) FYI, I compared the DX resonator with the stock VX one, the previous owner pulled it out but gave it to me with car, and they are identical. I clipped the rubber adapter boot from the aftermarket tube and used it to line the DX hose where it mates with my intake manifold to ensure a snug leak free fit, that looks stock.

So, progress made. Deep down I'm hoping that the only slightly bigger than stock intake tube will help ingoing air velocity remain fast because of the larger space required for hot air. ( same with the slightly bigger mandrel bent exhaust the previous owner installed... ) but that's just wishful dreaming lol

I think that my RPM dropped just a tad with this more stock setup tho.

I'll post pics later.

[ACHV ALL]

Last edited by SiVX; 06-09-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: msg to Mods
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread