EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   New Dodge Ram Commercial (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-dodge-ram-commercial-10869.html)

Matt Herring 11-04-2009 11:16 PM

New Dodge Ram Commercial

Anybody catch the new Dodge Ram Truck commercial during the World Series tonight (Wednesday) at the end of the 7th inning?

Their tag line during the commercial was "My tank is full. I will not downshift. My tank is full. I will not coast to a red light. My tank is full. I am a Ram."

Interesting
:turtle:

Christ 11-04-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Herring (Post 137838)
Anybody catch the new Dodge Ram Truck commercial during the World Series tonight (Wednesday) at the end of the 7th inning?

Their tag line during the commercial was "My tank is full. I will not downshift. My tank is full. I will not coast to a red light. My tank is full. I am a Ram."

Interesting
:turtle:

Won't coast to a red light? Hm... are they no longer trying to encourage FE as a selling point?

99LeCouch 11-05-2009 07:31 AM

What happens when the tank is on E? Or is this a backwards way of saying the Ram's FE is good enough not to need any fuel-saving techniques?

Nah, likely another ad campaign aimed at guys who could care less about how much gas they burn as long as they look 'cool'. We'll see in a year when gas is $3.75 a gallon again. Should've purchased a Fiat 500.

Daox 11-05-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Herring (Post 137838)
"My tank is full. I will not coast to a red light."

You will if I'm in front of you. :)

Idiotic macho commercial.

Matt Herring 11-05-2009 12:49 PM

I searched the net to see if I could come up with video of the commercial...nothing to report. Maybe something will pop up over the next couple weeks.

During the commercial they use alot of closeups of the truck...very few wide shots (guessing this is to promote the big-ness and rugged-ness of the truck). Alot of the shots are of the front grill which most truck makers use to differentiate their truck style/look.

Clearly, they are catering to the crowd that is not concerned about conserving fuel. While I'm not in that crowd I do understand this on some levels...as there are many people that NEED a truck to work, haul, etc and perhaps this commercial speaks to them. The other angle to look at is how other truck makers are advertising their trucks...perhaps this is in response to another truck makers ads.

Johnny Mullet 11-05-2009 08:58 PM

"My Tank is full, so I better use it up before it rusts away."

RobertSmalls 11-05-2009 09:35 PM

Embedded Player

"I will not yield, I will not downshift, and I will not coast to a stop."

Sounds like a problem.

"My name is RAM, and my tank is full."

That would be their way of introducing us to the new RAM brand. Look for a line of RAM trucks, which might include a FIAT commercial van and a new midsize to replace the Dakota.

This ad is totally overdone. It makes me roll my eyes and wonder if there are people out there who buy in to this crap.

Cd 11-05-2009 09:45 PM

As long as the truck has a huge fuel tank, there will be people that think that it gets great mileage.

" Wow ! I can drive this thing for 200 miles witout a fill-up ! I must be getting great mileage ! "

MetroMPG 11-05-2009 09:50 PM

That was very strange.

It reminds me of the hostile tone (not saying that's what this was, only that it reminded me) that a lot of traditional "performance" guys had towards fuel efficiency when fuel prices were high. Passive aggressive somethingorother? (Sorry, not up on my pop psychology terms.)

Watching that ad reminded me... I had almost forgotten about the number of guzzler/racers who, during the $3-$4 / gallon period, signed up to post on EM specifically to declare they were proud of and sticking to their guzzling ways. As if they needed to prove something to themselves by sticking it in our faces.

Unfortunately, they'll be back when prices go up (again) and it triggers (again) whatever that response is.

Frank Lee 11-05-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertSmalls (Post 138033)
"I will not yield, I will not downshift, and I will not coast to a stop."

Sounds like a problem.

Because the trans is out again... :rolleyes:

Quote:

"My name is RAM, and my tank is full."

That would be their way of introducing us to the new RAM brand. Look for a line of RAM trucks, which might include a FIAT commercial van and a new midsize to replace the Dakota.

This ad is totally overdone. It makes me roll my eyes and wonder if there are people out there who buy in to this crap.
I read a story on the "new" Chrysler yesterday; they explained the models getting axed, the Ram line, etc. Gee, I'm old enough to have seen a couple of "new Chryslers" now... :rolleyes:

And yes, people buy into that crap. :mad: