EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   New forum - Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-forum-events-meet-ups-3614.html)

SVOboy 07-08-2008 02:30 PM

New forum - Events & Meet-ups

If you're planning anything or going to anything, don't hesitate to post up and share: Events & Meet-ups - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

:)

Johnny Mullet 07-08-2008 09:59 PM

That is a great idea!

Tango Charlie 07-10-2008 06:46 PM

I saw that yesterday, and I really wanted to post 'Ice cream at my place - Tonight!' because I was in an ornery mood. But I didn't. I didn't want anyone thinking I was a goon. :D

TheDon 07-10-2008 10:45 PM

wouldn't it be "greener" to not have meet ups

-chortle chortle-

Greenblazer 07-11-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango Charlie (Post 42875)
I saw that yesterday, and I really wanted to post 'Ice cream at my place - Tonight!' because I was in an ornery mood. But I didn't. I didn't want anyone thinking I was a goon. :D

Why would people think you were a goon for inviting them to have ice cream at your place? I love ice cream, and no one that invites me over for ice cream is a goon in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 42947)
wouldn't it be "greener" to not have meet ups

-chortle chortle-

I have often thought the same thing, especially when hearing about the hypermiling competitions where people waste gas proving how good they are at saving it. That kinda makes me laugh at the irony of such activities.

What's even funnier is that I wanna participate in meet ups and hypermiling competitions.

How about an old school road rally where time is as important as saving gas? That might be fun, but it would still be wasting gas.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

Tango Charlie 07-11-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenblazer (Post 42977)
Why would people think you were a goon for inviting them to have ice cream at your place? I love ice cream, and no one that invites me over for ice cream is a goon in my opinion.

In that case.... You're invited! :)

Quote:

I have often thought the same thing, especially when hearing about the hypermiling competitions where people waste gas proving how good they are at saving it. That kinda makes me laugh at the irony of such activities.

What's even funnier is that I wanna participate in meet ups and hypermiling competitions....
Later,

Allan Greenblazer
Same here! It would be great to put names to faces, but who wants to waste the gas? Maybe a somewhat centrally located event held every couple years would be a compromise. Have it somewhere that's warm in the winter and pass it off as a family vacation.