EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   New freeway signs.. traffic signal conspiracy (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-freeway-signs-traffic-signal-conspiracy-2655.html)

Chris D. 05-30-2008 03:47 AM

New freeway signs.. traffic signal conspiracy

CHP has had nemerious calls from angry truckers concerning regular vehicles doing 50 to 55mph within the last 4 months..

Check out the freshly posted signs on the freeway..
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...a/P1060042.jpg
"When towing"

I've also noticed all the usual traffic lights are way out of sync now causing alot more idol time.. My friend Mitch that works for the city of Stockton told me about this because thats what he does..

This is real and confirmed, in the City of Stockton.. :eek:

roflwaffle 05-30-2008 05:15 AM

That's awesome! I wonder how many times truckers have whined about me doing 55mph in the slow lane. Most of 'em ride right up my ass, and will only back off if they see a CHP cruiser. Honestly, I can't wait till one of those dicks taps my bumper and I can get some $$$ from their insurance company. I already had one do it, and was dumb enough to get run around by his ass until I just said screw it, but the next time I'm getting that cash. If they don't wanna risk their jobs, they shouldn't drive like teenagers...

Chris D. 05-30-2008 05:18 AM

without taking my eyes off the road, I just place my badge
against the back window, they back off pretty quick :)

cfg83 05-30-2008 06:05 AM

Chris -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris D. (Post 29637)
without taking my eyes off the road, I just place my badge
against the back window, they back off pretty quick :)

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. Do mean a fake badge or a real badge?

CarloSW2

Greenblazer 05-30-2008 06:16 AM

Memorial day weekend I saw those new signs in Cali near the AZ and NV state lines. I avoided the Hoover Dam on my Phoenix to Vegas trip because of traffic.

Yesterday morning I was passed by a speeding semi pulling a wide load(half a house) taking up two of three lanes in a construction zone marked 55 MPH. I was doing an indicated 56 MPH in the right lane and he rode my tail for about half a mile and due to his proxcimity to my rear bumper, I assume he was annoyed by my blatant disregard for the 55 MPH limit. It wasn't quite enough disreguard for him. As soon as he could he moved over blocking the other two lanes of the freeway and passed me. I was a little annoyed, but not as annoyed as the rest of traffic. It amazes me how people ignore the construction zone speed limits on the freeways around here.

My commute includes almost all freeway. When I enter the freeway on the way to work about 9:30 PM the speed limit is 65. I set my cruise for about 55 as soon as I enter the freeway, and stay in the right lane. All traffic flys past me like I am standing still. A few miles down the road the limit is reduced to 55 MPH, and no one seems to notice as they continue to pass me angrily. A few more miles the limit goes down to 45MPH for about 4 to 5 miles, and since no one slows down I leave my cruise set to 55 MPH, and traffic continues going like the limit is still 65, which means they are going between 70 and 90 MPH in a 45 MPH construction zone. I think people are a little annoyed by my low speed, even though I am going 10MPH over in the 45 zone. I just laugh at them, and enjoy saving money while they throw it away.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

cfg83 05-30-2008 06:38 AM

Greenblazer -

Yeah, the night traffic and the early morning traffic is some of the fastest/scariest I have seen. I keep thinking the early birds are grumpy that they have to get up early for work and are still running late and trying to beat the traffic, so they are even more speedy dangerous as a result.

CarloSW2

Chris D. 05-30-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 29640)
Chris -

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. Do mean a fake badge or a real badge?

CarloSW2

got it in a cracker jack box :thumbup:

JohnnyGrey 05-30-2008 08:52 PM

If you get tailed, just use your windshield washers. Tailgaters usually get the idea pretty quick. Alternatively, if you have a sunroof and a change tray, you're all set. Truckers are stretched far enough as is with diesel prices, let alone replacement windshields. Let them learn the hard way.

Chris D. 05-30-2008 10:32 PM

I've worked for Schneider National and people
would throw things at the tractor just to do it..

I would advise against throwing things at a vehicle with an already unstable
operator, thats his bread and butter, to pose damage on that is a bad idea..

They have enough on their table..

MasterAlex 05-30-2008 10:37 PM

speaking of conspiracy theories, I know when a stoplight is going to turn green for me when I look down the road [that I'm turning onto] and see that light turn green. It's like they want us to waste more.