EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New member in Ohio (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-member-ohio-22956.html)

Basexfe 08-17-2012 12:50 AM

New member in Ohio

1 Attachment(s)
Just saying hi from Northeast Ohio.

Finally got my hands on a Cobalt XFE . I had been looking for awhile.
Looking forward on learning any tips or info about these cars that anyone might want to share.

MetroMPG 08-17-2012 08:54 AM

Congrats on the purchase & welcome to the forum.

Those cars are capable machines - better than average.

I don't think there are special tips for these cars - the usual approach applies (seen the list of 100+ driving tips?). Does the factory MPG gauge have a resettable average function and an "instant MPG" screen?

Weather Spotter 08-17-2012 03:29 PM

learn to hypermile, that took me from 30 to 40 MPG without mods.

Gealii 08-17-2012 03:51 PM

Nice to see a member from NE Ohio it seems like most ohio members are from every else but the NE. To gain economy it is the safest bet to pump your tires up to max sidewall, some go higher but I stick to safer pressures, and adjust how you drive ( hypermile ). Once you learn how to effectively hyper mile you will see your mileage jump like others on here my mileage went up when i started. 26 to 32 mpg in an auto results seem to be better in a manual

UltArc 08-25-2012 11:29 PM

NE Ohio here. 44116 for myself. I hope you can make it to the event in my signature! Second the others, it's not what you drive so much how you drive it. There are some very impressive feats on here. I'd start setting small goals, and then push yourself to beat it, and start a new one.

Basexfe 09-01-2012 01:12 AM

Thanks for the replys.

Been away for awhile-- Its my busy season at work.

Put some miles on the car now- the onboard readout has the fixed MPG average now at 42.0 as of tonight.I drive with the display showing my efforts to hypermile- ranges from 30 mpgs to 99 mpgs when coasting. No mods yet, just steady driving a 36 mile commute to work and a 36 mile return trip back home.
Think I'm going to pump the tires up a few pounds and see what that yields.

scivicblu83 09-01-2012 07:38 AM

welcome! good to have you, pump up the balloons. :thumbup:

Basexfe 09-03-2012 01:06 AM

Did a search on here for mods.......am looking at grill blockoffs and they shouldn't be too hard to make and mount. I'm in for a busy week this week ...so maybe next weeks little project will involve the table saw and some stout plexiglas.

Also looking at full 15 inch "Moon" disc wheelcovers (like the Bonneville Salt Flat racers) Anyone have these on their ride?

Weather Spotter 09-03-2012 06:29 AM

I use 16" smooth whee covers.

Did you find our wiki of mods? its got how to's and thread links for almost all mods:Car MPG Efficiency Modifications Main - EcoModder

Basexfe 09-03-2012 11:28 AM

Thanks for that link- looks pretty complete. I want the car to look basically stock, and don't think 50 mpg is out of reach with some effort.