EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Newbie says Hello! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/newbie-says-hello-25095.html)

betasniper 03-02-2013 12:24 AM

Newbie says Hello!

Hello,

That's it.....

Ok, really now. I'm from SoCal and I drive a 1997 Saturn SW2 which we bought when I was 5. I was the one who named the car and it became mine about 2 years ago. I tried being efficient with it even before I found this site. I did keep track of fuel purchases and mileage but lost most of the reciepts that the information was written on. So my logs only go back a year. Now, I still don't get as good as some of you, but it is going well. The car is still unmodified as I have been procrastinating and waiting for material to fall from the skies. I am also keeping track of a car that my mother drives after she bought it new in January. She gets less than EPA yet I still couldn't convince her to change her driving habits. I digress. At least she is interested in keeping track.
By the way, does anyone have the frontal area and CoD for the 2013 Civic?

a8ksh4 03-02-2013 12:47 AM

Howdy, sniper. My uncle, I heard, used to reach over and turn his mom's ignition off at stoplights to save gas, much to her disapproval. :) He got to be pretty good at wrenching over the years.

Good luck w/ your Saturn. I'm sure you'll find plenty of affordable mods here and driving tips to play with. is your car a stick or an auto?

betasniper 03-02-2013 01:07 AM

It is an automatic, When Driving I tend to Pulse and Glide in neutral but don't shut the engine off since my starter seems to have a hard enough time turning the engine. It does work better after the engine heats up, but I still try not to tempt malfunction while on freeways. I do however shut down at red lights.

And I don't usually go with her when she is driving. So I can't do that if I'm not in the car. Her previous hybrid did that for her but she traded that one in for a new civic. :shrug:

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 03-02-2013 06:00 PM

Does your Saturn have that 1.9L engine?

betasniper 03-03-2013 08:48 PM

Yeah, 16 valve DOHC 1.9 litre I4

MetroMPG 03-03-2013 09:16 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Superluminal 03-05-2013 04:26 PM

Welcome.

betasniper 03-05-2013 07:54 PM

Thanks guys,

By the way, does anyone know why there is a 0 in front of the 13? It confuses me slightly.

Actually modded my car, Antenna relocation!

betasniper 03-08-2013 02:40 PM

Well, material fell from the skies! I just got 3 sheets of 4x8 coroplast and am pondering which order of mods I should do?
I'm planning a full belly pan but also rear wheel skirts and a kammback. I'm thinking I would do the skirts first then the belly pan and finally the kammback since I want it to look sort of stock for a while but I'm not too sure.
Oh, and I am currently working on making gauge pods for the dash and A pillar.

Shortie771 03-08-2013 02:59 PM

I think you will see similar benefits from whichever one of those mods you decide to go with. In the end it all adds up as you continue modding, the more the merrier. I think you should also consider a grill block as well.

Welcome to Ecomodder :)