EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   News about Doug Pelmear's 110 MPG Mustang (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/news-about-doug-pelmears-110-mpg-mustang-19694.html)

Chipster22a 12-06-2011 11:33 AM

News about Doug Pelmear's 110 MPG Mustang

There had been some discussions here about Doug Pelmear's claim to have invented an engine capable of 110 mpg in an old Mustang.

Here is the latest story about Doug's HP2g company which was originally in Napoleon's Northwest Signal newspaper.

Loan repayment extension denied for Pelmear | cleveland.com

Frank Lee 12-07-2011 01:42 AM

What idiots to loan him the money in the first place. And the collateral is the patents?!? Even more stupid. They're gonna take a bath on that one. :rolleyes:

jakobnev 12-07-2011 08:36 AM

Big oil wins again! :(

(maybe this needs a sarcasm tag)

pete c 12-07-2011 09:02 AM

Am I reading all this right?

This shlep advertises ridiculous "gas" mileage numbers based on the fact that gasoline is just 15% of the fuel used? And he did this with a straight face? And his investors were too dimwitted to understand this?

Wow.

He should go to jail. The investors, if they were using others' money, should join him. If they were using their own dollars, they deserve what they get and should be sterilized to prevent any chance of making the gene pool any dirtier than it already is.

JRMichler 12-07-2011 01:19 PM

I found one patent and one patent application for Doug Pelmear.

The patent is for a reinforcing bracket that bolts inside the valley of a V8 engine to stiffen the block.

The patent application is for permanent magnets installed in moving parts of the engine, plus electromagnets in the block to pull and push on the permanent magnets. He mentions electromagnetic forces of 3 to 5 lbs.

Go to Google Patents and search his name if you want to entertain yourself by reading them.

bhazard 12-07-2011 05:02 PM

Im pretty embarrassed that someone so local to me has ended up with so much attention over the past few years.

While I was putting around here getting 45-50 mpg out of my lil festiva, he was out making a bad name for us econo-minded folks.

And then I decided I wanted what he wanted, and built myself a car that was "fast" while still being great on gas.

JRMichler 12-17-2013 08:58 PM

Somebody believes that his electromagnet patent has value. The US Patent Office just announced that his patent has been granted, the issue fee has been paid, and the patent will be published December 31, 2013. Patent Number 8,616,175.

If you want to install permanent magnets on engine internal moving parts AND electromagnets in the block or wrapped around a spark plug AND a control system to make the electromagnets pull or push on the permanent magnets, then you need to pay royalties to Doug Pelmear. After you negotiate terms.

Superfuelgero 12-17-2013 10:14 PM

The mustang that never dies. Why is this not in unicorn?

Patent office will grant almost anything. the skill comes from drafting and filling one that can be upheld. He says the idea was created by his grandfather 60 years ago. If my math is correct, that's longer than the 1 year grace period. This is aside from the whole patent clerks are not physicists point.

UltArc 12-18-2013 12:04 AM

Disappointment. The same feeling I get when I read about the other Mustang claimed to get crazy mileage on here through unicorn feathers.

I work hard for okay-good mileage, and unicorn riders call them mustangs and cause shame. :(

P-hack 12-18-2013 01:30 AM

he who must not be named (because he will get notification of this thread and start talking again)