Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
Unified-Field/String-Theory:Solved

The other day,after having lunch with my astro-physicist friends,I got to wandering if some sort of unified-field or string-theory might exist for aerodynamics,as they hope to find in quantum mechanics.
I was certain that a solution would involve a lot of complex analytical geometry and advanced calculus but my Cray super-computer was down,so I used a piece of string and a tape-measure instead.
I borrowed this technology from Pan American Airway's president and CEO,Juan Trippe,as portrayed by actor Alec Baldwin in the movie 'The Aviator.'

For my analysis,to establish the bare minimums,and to satisfy my Fluids professor,I took the 'Template',removed its prolate ellipsoid snoz,and replaced it with a quarter section of a convex hemispherical nose.My professor was adamant that this would be quite adequate below 250-mph.And who am I to argue with a PhD.
Then,by laying the string across the new 'streamlined' template and inspecting it against the tape,I was able to establish the Space/Time relationship ( Einstein ) for the 'streamline-body' ( Hucho ),to allow us to use this 'teardrop' ( Rumpler ) to create the 'streamline-car' ( Jaray ).

The conclusions from this massive undertaking and all this 'calculation' and data reduction are thus:
At any given posted speed,for the space and time necessary to accomplish satisfactory fore-body flow penetration of a body such as an automobiles,it is necessary to provide three and one-half times this amount ( 3.5-X ) in order to accomplish satisfactory results for the aft-body.

Using Jaray's ground-reflection technique and by incorporating the successful high-Reynolds Nr turbulent boundary layer penetration and flow acceleration of the golf ball face fore-body,combined with the separation-free 3.5-X length tapering,elongated-drop,trailing deceleration-ramp structured aft-body,we achieve the solution for the unified field.
It's simple,something for the kindergarten of aerodynamics.Perhaps it's part of the Rosetta stone for understanding the hieroglyphics of automotive airflow.
The men in white coats are on the way,better go!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread