EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   optimistic about 40mpg (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/optimistic-about-40mpg-21430.html)

redorchestra 04-13-2012 05:24 PM

optimistic about 40mpg

my usual economy is around 36mpgs. today t he average economy that's on my Android Tablet + blue tooth OBD I managed 40mpgs. I was doing an agressive pulse and glide, accelerating to 95kmh and coasting to 88kmh the entire trip, even uphill . on down hill sections I would try to accelerate to at least 100km/h quickly and then glide as far as possible but not below 88 M y instant economy would drop to 9 mpgs on acceleration and rise to 73 mpgs while gliding. with my regular style of driving my Tablet shows average mpgs and my tank to tank average is 36. so I am confident that the that's is pretty accurate. I doubt my tank average will be much different since this was one day of driving, one half of my trip. I am really happy with my economy but worry about all the shifting on my automatic transmission :confused:

redorchestra 04-13-2012 05:27 PM

sorry I mix mpgs and km per hour. I use mpgs on my Tablet because it doesn't show decimals for L/100 only whole numbers. and my speedometer and my GPS are both in km/h :)

tru 04-13-2012 05:59 PM

have you done a grill block and aired up your tires?

redorchestra 04-13-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru (Post 300324)
have you done a grill block and aired up your tires?

yep! tires are 40psi and I have an upper and lower grille block.
his weekend I hope to find time for a belly pan! and I am contemplating an airdam that will cover the front lower grill and wrap around to the front wheel wells

GRU 04-13-2012 09:31 PM

i would be careful with the auto trans. i might be wrong, but i just don't like taking risks because it's the trans fails it's about 3000-5000 to fix. you might be better just driving at steady 90 kmh and coast only when your going to coast for a while (not short coasts)

eco_generator 04-13-2012 10:50 PM

40+ mpg feels good. :)

redorchestra 04-14-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco_generator (Post 300398)
40+ mpg feels good. :)

it sure does! I can't wait to have a tank to tank average verify it.

morphector 04-14-2012 08:19 AM

Torque for android was not accurate at all with my focus so it's probably the case on yours. It always got me 5-10mpg more than what the car actually did. Unfortunately there's no real way to calibrate it at the pump, that why I bought a scangauge....

Btw you seems to be doing really good with yours, I know 07 got an ecu reflash with 5% better mpg. I really should get an appointment to flash my pcm at the dealer.

Nice work, especially with an auto. I can't seems to get past 32mpg on mine.

redorchestra 04-14-2012 09:13 AM

i use a program called efficiency that is able to be calibrated. It always matches with my tank to tank, torque is not to bad on mine either. I like the efficiency program because it has a giant colour coded readout. if it is green you are in eco zone, blue you are below. great to quickly correct throttle position with a glance.

redorchestra 04-14-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphector (Post 300445)

Nice work, especially with an auto. I can't seems to get past 32mpg on mine.

99 percent of my driving is on highway so I don't really feel like I am 28 percent over the combined epa.