EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hybrids (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hybrids.html)
-   -   Peugeot 208 Hybrid: 800kg (1764 lbs), 0-60 8 secs, 149 mpg (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/peugeot-208-hybrid-800kg-1764-lbs-0-60-a-27404.html)

320touring 10-30-2013 07:48 AM

Peugeot 208 Hybrid: 800kg (1764 lbs), 0-60 8 secs, 149 mpg
 
http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/2...dFE_03MB-L.jpg

An interesting read- esp the alternator delete/improved rear aero

RE: Peugout 208 Hybrid FE: Driven - PistonHeads

this I reckon could be the shape of things to come- a halfway house between the limited range of all electric, and the joy of a decent petrol engine and performance:turtle:

cptsideways 10-30-2013 08:25 AM

Brilliant, loving the tailgate arrangement, thats give me an idea....

320touring 10-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptsideways (Post 397582)
Brilliant, loving the tailgate arrangement, thats give me an idea....

Indeed- it looks like an ideal vehicle to assist public perception change, and a movement towards hybrids

MetroMPG 10-30-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

"Economy and racing is exactly the same," project leader Christophe Mary told us enthusiastically.
What's up with PistonHeads... first they don't hate the BMW i3, now they think a light & well-designed fuel sipper might be fun?

(Though they admit they didn't get to do anything but drive it in a straight line... those 145mm width tires would have dissapointed them, guaranteed...)

I love the visual approach to that Kammback -- black it out to put a jaunty forward-leaning character line in the rear of the car.

320touring 10-30-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 397595)
What's up with PistonHeads... first they don't hate the BMW i3, now they think a light & well-designed fuel sipper might be fun?

(Though they admit they didn't get to do anything but drive it in a straight line... those 145mm width tires would have dissapointed them, guaranteed...)

I love the visual approach to that Kammback -- black it out to put a jaunty forward-leaning character line in the rear of the car.

I'm confused too- may have to buy a v8 to restore karmic balance!

Its nice to post their articles on here- its a C- change in general petrol head opinions


I'm sure the 145 tyres would be fine, assuming lift off oversteer could be caught using the throttle;)

MetroMPG 10-30-2013 11:01 AM

Lots of torque in an electric motor to catch lift-off oversteer!

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-30-2013 11:24 PM

I must admit that Peugeot has some nice projects, altough I still have my objections towards the absence of an alternator...

320touring 10-31-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 397705)
I must admit that Peugeot has some nice projects, altough I still have my objections towards the absence of an alternator...

I Imagine the lack of alternator can be overcome with regen braking to an extent?

jamesqf 10-31-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 397705)
I must admit that Peugeot has some nice projects, altough I still have my objections towards the absence of an alternator...

Honda Insight did it, works just fine. Though they do keep the 12 volt battery & starter.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 10-31-2013 11:17 PM

Now I recalled, even the electric motors can also feature some generator function, in a similar fashion to the old-style DynaStart which was used in some vintage French cars :thumbup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com