EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycles / Scooters (https://ecomodder.com/forum/motorcycles-scooters.html)
-   -   Picked up a Kawa Eliminator (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/picked-up-kawa-eliminator-13273.html)

user removed 05-17-2010 08:24 PM

Picked up a Kawa Eliminator

Local craigslist ad. 2006 model with 215 total miles, paid $1700 including a nice helmet.

Miles are not a misprint, bike looks brand new, always stored inside a garage.

regards
Mech

dcb 05-17-2010 08:40 PM

sweet :) Make sure to give yourself time to acclimate to this new level of exposure/performance.

gasstingy 05-19-2010 01:27 PM

Cool! :cool:

Three years ago, at the ripe young age of 49, I bought my first motorcycle, a 2004 Kawasaki Eliminator 125cc bike. I loved the way it sat, looked, it's 70+ mpg fuel economy. Great bike around town for one person.

Mine ran 58 mph on level ground on the throttle stop. I wanted to use it as my daily commuter, and did for 2 months, before moving up to a 250 Ninja. (I have two hills that reduced my top speed to 50 MPH, if I was hugging the gas tank. :( ) Lots of fun for cruising around on though, if you're not on an open two lane highway.

cfg83 05-19-2010 02:09 PM

Old Mech -

Is that my favorite 125CC version? Pictures please!

CarloSW2

user removed 05-19-2010 03:05 PM

Vehicle Picture

Here is a pic, same color as mine.

regards
Mech

Deyeme 06-15-2010 02:57 PM

Cool!

I have two motorcycles that I use for commuting to work, and prototyping parts on. Both are MPG-oriented, with a little more performance orientation on the Ninja.

I also used the Eliminator to teach my wife and kids how to ride. Family fun FTW! :thumbup:

Grant-53 06-16-2010 11:04 PM

Clearly the 125cc is great for mileage, low cost, and user friendly. The lower seat height and upright seating position is a plus for those of us over 50. The task is getting the air drag down using a streamliner shell. See craigvetter.com for the upcoming Gather of Streamliners event at Mid-Ohio.

Deyeme 06-22-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant-53 (Post 179386)
Clearly the 125cc is great for mileage, low cost, and user friendly. The lower seat height and upright seating position is a plus for those of us over 50. The task is getting the air drag down using a streamliner shell. See craigvetter.com for the upcoming Gather of Streamliners event at Mid-Ohio.

Even if you don't go full-streamliner, you can improve the aerodynamics to make it comfortable enough for 55mph. I love my Eliminator, and ride it in cool weather. It gets 78mpg.

Full mods list is:
Billet aluminum torque rod (lighter weight than OEM steel piece)
PMP 42 tooth rear sprocket (light weight and higher potential top speed)
billet aluminum front engine brackets (weight reduction)
Slipstreamer windscreen (aero)
midsection aero shields (aero, and helps keep legs warm riding in cold weather)
HID headlamp (lower electrical load- 35w vs 55w)
aux. fog/driving lamp (safety- wired to be ON w/ headlamp during HIGH beam)
turn/run/brake control module (LED compatability, safety)
LED turn/run/brake + LED license lamp (safety, lower electrical load)

I plan on adding rear fender skirts soon to cover a little more of the rear wheel, and seeing where else I can make it a little more slippery (or at least a little less brick-like).

Grant-53 06-26-2010 10:23 PM

Don't forget the tail box to smooth out the flow behind the rider. Disc style wheel covers on the rear can reduce drag too.

user removed 07-03-2010 04:15 PM

Finally got my license after recovering from 2 hernia surgeries.

142 miles took 1.8 gallons for 90 MPG.

60 miles of that was driving around my neighborhood and practicing for the license, all in lower gears stop and go, never over 25 MPH.

Yesterday I drove from the DMV to lunch then hit the holiday traffic with some of my usual route lights taking 10 cycles for the 1 mile backup of traffic to clear that single light. 46 lights on my normal route. Interstate was crawling, bumper to bumper for 10 miles.

I used all of my local knowledge going back to 1966, driving through a lot of neighborhoods I usually never drive through to get around the blockages.

Had a nice ride today to Surry Va, took the Scotland Neck ferry from Jamestown south over the James river, out in the country.

I think 100 should not be a problem when things get back to normal ;).

regards
Mech