Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yaris - '10 Toyota Yaris
90 day: 42.39 mpg (US)

Fiesta - '11 Ford Fiesta SE
Red face HID on 1999 Metro

Folks,

I really would like to improve my ability to see at night but did not want to add fog lamps. My eyes just aren't what they use to be when I was younger. Silly me went out and purchased a 35W HID system with Hi/Lo ability. After ordering it, I stumbled across several threads that said the 1999 Metro will fry the HID system after if flickers due to the circuit used to dim the Lo beam. I tried to follow the information for disabling the DRL for the 99' Metro and got confused.

First question. Can I install a 35W HID system and avoid damage without making modification? I was thinking that if I can't safely disable the DRL I might be able to limp along by lifting the hand brake whilst running around without the lights on or worst still, drive with the lights on all the time and modify my bulbs to LED types.

Second question. Is this as simple as removing the module?

Third question. Is grounding the pin in the module simple? Pictures anyone?

Thanks and sorry for bringing it up again. I know it has been covered a lot but I got mixed up with folks talking about the Canadian vs. US systems and the different generation/Mk versions.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread