EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Presentation from Argentina - Citroën C3 mk1 (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/presentation-argentina-citroen-c3-mk1-24728.html)

sael 01-24-2013 09:34 PM

Presentation from Argentina - Citroën C3 mk1

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my english, is not so good as i like.
I have a Citroën C3, 1.4 HDi. Its a turbo charged common rail diesel engine.

Its a nice motor with good 5,2 liter every 100 km in average. 70 hp

I know that no Citroën cars an almost no French cars sells at the moment in USA and Canada.

As a Citroën it has a nice cx, 0,31. The problem in this car is the height. But as you can see has a nice roof design. In rain dont need the wipers, the wind moves the rain to the back itself.

Mods coming:
- Front Grille Block
- Undertray

Regards

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4889/c3aero.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5766/c3aero.png

mcrews 01-24-2013 09:41 PM

welcome!!!

We got 'frenchies" so your good!

pump up the air in the tires!

sael 01-24-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 352808)
welcome!!!

We got 'frenchies" so your good!

pump up the air in the tires!

wooow! that was quick!
thanks for your message.

I am in doubt about pumping the tire. I have 4 Michelin Energy Saver 3. Max PSI in sidewall is 51. Maker recommend 30 PSI front and 33 back. Its there any real difference going to 40 PSI? I think that this is the max confortable that i can go.
I think going to 50 PSI is like rolling in rocks!

What you say?

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 01-25-2013 12:31 AM

I'm in Brazil, where your car was probably made, altough the HDi version was never available for the Brazilian market due to politics :mad:

If it's fitted with an EGR, try to disable it. It's a cheap mod and, in spite of the NOx emissions increasement, saves a lot of fuel at the long run.

sael 01-25-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 352836)
I'm in Brazil, where your car was probably made, altough the HDi version was never available for the Brazilian market due to politics :mad:

If it's fitted with an EGR, try to disable it. It's a cheap mod and, in spite of the NOx emissions increasement, saves a lot of fuel at the long run.

Hi, yes my car was produced in Brasil, since its a 2006. from 2003 to 2005 it was directly imported from France.

Brasil produce the C3 and Argentina the C4 :)

I know in Brasil you cant buy a diesel car, bad for you and for us. Because the autoparts of diesel in Mercosur are expensive maybe for this. All are imported from Europe.

About the EGR, it was blocked whit a plate when the car got 80 k km. Now it has 135 k km. The engine need more time to get the correct temperature of working, but now it has more clean air and inlet manifold.

Regards

mcrews 01-25-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sael (Post 352810)
wooow! that was quick!
thanks for your message.

I am in doubt about pumping the tire. I have 4 Michelin Energy Saver 3. Max PSI in sidewall is 51. Maker recommend 30 PSI front and 33 back. Its there any real difference going to 40 PSI? I think that this is the max confortable that i can go.
I think going to 50 PSI is like rolling in rocks!

What you say?

there are plenty of threads on this topic,
Most here run 40+.
try it, test it.
it's worth about 2mpg (and yes a harder ride!):thumbup:

sael 01-27-2013 12:03 PM

Hi guys,

This is my third week since im learning how to drive in the efficient way.
The first tank gives me a +7% better fuel efficient.
The second give me a +20% !!! i cant believe it.

For the last 50.000 kilometers my car does 5,2 liters/100km.
The last tank gives 4,13 liters/100km. Its arround 20% less fuel.

Only using P&G in city, DWB and DWL.
Scenario is 70% highway and 30% city

Thanks so much for all the info in this site. Definitely i learn to drive again.

Best Regards

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 01-28-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sael (Post 352887)
About the EGR, it was blocked whit a plate when the car got 80 k km. Now it has 135 k km. The engine need more time to get the correct temperature of working, but now it has more clean air and inlet manifold.

With the EGR blocked, isn't there any other issue? There are often some claims that even the turbo-lag is reduced when the EGR is disabled...

sael 01-28-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 353374)
With the EGR blocked, isn't there any other issue? There are often some claims that even the turbo-lag is reduced when the EGR is disabled...

No other issue at the momento.
I think the turbo lag is not reduced, because it dosent affect the lag. The feelink about the turbo lag was reduced i think is that now the turbo acts at lower rpm as all exhaust gases pass through the turbine. Instead of the gases recirculated by the EGR. This gives the power before the past.

The Motor ECU knows that there is more air flow, because the MAF detect the extra flow.

From my point of view is all gain.
I remember the intake manifold and it was full of carbon and oil sediments!

Regards

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 01-30-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sael (Post 353394)
I remember the intake manifold and it was full of carbon and oil sediments!

That's why I really hate the EGR. BTW me and some friends have a blog (in Portuguese) where we push for an eventual liberation of light Diesels back here in the Republic of Bananas, and I wrote a post pointing out some advantages of the EGR delete, which you might be able to understand even though it's written in Portuguese :thumbup:

DieselNutz: Uma observação sobre as vantagens na desativação do EGR

BTW do you have any picture of the clogged intake manifold?