EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   The Prius design brand goes Bosozoku-style (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/prius-design-brand-goes-bosozoku-style-38097.html)

botsapper 01-13-2020 12:31 AM

The Prius design brand goes Bosozoku-style

The Prius brand is so distinctive on the road, bordering in awkwardness, peculiarity and eccentric enough to set it apart from the Toyota brand style and from the rest of the EV herd. It just got extra quirky working with styling division, Toyota Modellista and motorsports tuning TRD. Their 2020 Toyota Auto Salon concept was Lambo-aggressive, wildly expressive and it grew Bosozoku car culture-style dorsal and rear fins! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re74qh00D3g

redpoint5 01-13-2020 04:39 AM

It looks like an anime character. I don't like it, but it's interesting and I bet it suits Japanese tastes pretty well.

Xist 01-13-2020 02:55 PM

I saw something about it. How much of that design will make it to production? I think that Toyota is desperate to maintain Prius sales as crazies choose hybrid versions of the car they actually want to drive (like Tahoes, for some reason).

Would you rather have a hybrid Corolla hatchback or a Prius?

I am sure that most Toyotas are more expensive than Prii, so if Toyota hybrid sales stay the same or even increase, profits do the same, but Prius sales go down, so what?

How many cars of a specific model do you think a manufacturer needs to sell every year to justify making it?

If I won Publisher's Clearinghouse, paid off my credit cards, fixed up Mom's house, and then someone totaled my Accord, would I pursue a Prius?

I do not have any idea. I would go a great deal of math first. I would never purchase a vehicle to say "Hey! Look at me! I drive a...!"

redpoint5 01-13-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 615015)
How much of that design will make it to production? I think that Toyota is desperate to maintain Prius sales as crazies choose hybrid versions of the car they actually want to drive (like Tahoes, for some reason).

Very little will make it to US production. Anime is a niche subculture here, not a dominant one. They have to not offend their existing Prius base, so incremental change is more likely.

Toyota already has the RAV4 hybrid, which apparently is an excellent vehicle. Toyota probably would rather keep the RAV4 over the Prius if somehow they had to choose.

I'd probably pick the Prius over Corolla due to the higher efficiency and utility, though a manual Corolla was on my short list a decade ago when I was shopping for a car. Ended up with the Acura.

Tahoe_Hybrid 01-13-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 615015)
I saw something about it. How much of that design will make it to production? I think that Toyota is desperate to maintain Prius sales as crazies choose hybrid versions of the car they actually want to drive (like Tahoes, for some reason).

I am sure that most Toyotas are more expensive than Prii, so if Toyota hybrid sales stay the same or even increase, profits do the same, but Prius sales go down, so what?

How many cars of a specific model do you think a manufacturer needs to sell every year to justify making it?

If I won Publisher's Clearinghouse, paid off my credit cards, fixed up Mom's house, and then someone totaled my Accord, would I pursue a Prius?

I do not have any idea. I would go a great deal of math first. I would never purchase a vehicle to say "Hey! Look at me! I drive a...!"

rather drive my Tahoe with a few more aero mods she i'll do 40mpg with a v8 :eek:..

there is plenty to do to get to 40-48mpg @38-45mph :D that is where economy mode is at.. basically 6th gear EVT2(CVT gear) shell run at 1000 rpm at 38-45mph (it might even go higher then that but were limited to "air resistance" as if the engine load is high enough it switch's back to the Launch gears)

California98Civic 01-13-2020 03:18 PM

Tail is awful but I like the front end.

cowmeat 01-13-2020 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you were behind one it would look like you were about to hit a drunk transformer head-on

redpoint5 01-13-2020 05:18 PM

The rear reminds me of a Guy Fawkes mask.

https://images.prod.meredith.com/pro...ade-party-face

freebeard 01-28-2020 12:29 PM

Any car is better with a dorsal tailfin.

I think it's too conservative to be part of Bosozoku car culture. Needs a 4ft front diverter and an exhaust pipe that is taller than the roof.

Xist 01-29-2020 11:05 AM

Maybe it would become a popular starting point for those modifications.

Are those cars drivable? :)